Told you I am way to aggresive but I just couldn't shake this person

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definate loose cannon.. watched him for several hands, and no matter how strong a bet. Just couldn't shake him.. Yes before anybody says it.. the ace did scare me on the flop, just like the queen on the turn. By the way after this lose I did make a come back and win it all.

Stage #240662481 Tourney ID 47952 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $20 - 2005-11-16 21:10:24 (ET)
Table: 4151491 (real money) Seat #7 is the dealer
Seat 2 - JONZEY111 ($1400 in chips)
Seat 4 - CAMARORACER ($1295 in chips)
Seat 6 - WAYWAY3 ($1610 in chips)
Seat 7 - CARLOS25 ($1735 in chips)
Seat 8 - BIGSTOGY ($3305 in chips)
Seat 9 - TWIZZYBOP ($4155 in chips)
BIGSTOGY - Posts small blind $20
TWIZZYBOP - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [8h 8c]
JONZEY111 - Folds
CAMARORACER - Folds
WAYWAY3 - Folds
CARLOS25 - Calls $40
BIGSTOGY - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $320 to $360
CARLOS25 - Calls $320
*** FLOP *** [Ad 7h 4d]
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $760
CARLOS25 - Calls $760
*** TURN *** [Ad 7h 4d] [Qh]
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $640
CARLOS25 - All-In $615
TWIZZYBOP - returned ($25) : not called
*** RIVER *** [Ad 7h 4d Qh] [Jh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
CARLOS25 - Shows [3d Jd] (One pair, jacks)
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [8h 8c] (One pair, eights)
CARLOS25 Collects $3490 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($3490)
Board [Ad 7h 4d Qh Jh]
Seat 2: JONZEY111 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: CAMARORACER Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: WAYWAY3 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: CARLOS25 (dealer) won Total ($3490) All-In HI:($3490) with One pair, jacks [3d Jd - B:Jh,P:Jd,B:Ad,B:Qh,B:7h]
Seat 8: BIGSTOGY (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: TWIZZYBOP (big blind) HI:lost with One pair, eights [8h 8c - P:8h,P:8c,B:Ad,B:Qh,B:Jh

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I believe you will be much improved if you start taking blind levels into account during your decision making process.;)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now Inquiry why I play like that even early on.. Most of the time early on I play top 10 pre-flop hands aggresively. Those are the hands that will pay me handsomely. So since I am playing top 10 I bet them like I own them.. Pre-flop I also bet like I own them.

Top 10 to me are in order
AA
KK
QQ
AK(bet this strong for the times it misses)
JJ
10 10
AQ(same with this)

Most people early on in a tourney, sit and go just won't fold to the normal 3-4X BB raise. So raise it higher.. get a 1-2 callers most of the time. Then I bet like the flop hit me or I have a high pocket pair. These hands are the hands I need to pay me cause I fold alot of other hands.

I now will also show that I limp in with suited connectors higher then 6-7
Limp in with AX suited
Limp in with K,Q suited and unsuited
Limp in with pairs
Limp in with late middle to late position.. AJ, A10, KJ,K10
QJ has to be late position

Now AX hits for the nut flush.. All-in and show your hand(shows you only play monsters)
If a set doesn't hit and someone bets strong I fold.. weak bet I see it once but if that doesn't hit I fold unless I see a flush or straight draw on the flop then I also fold. I also show my set(once again shows I play monsters)

Image I am trying to project is that I play monsters which I normally do.. but hey I limp in with say 4,5 off suit.. or my pre-flop raise with pocket 2's and represent the flop with those 2's. I have won by doing this.. so yes I probably should stop in early stages because my table image hasn't been shown. Yet I want to show my table image as quickly as possible. I have even gone as far as to fold pre-flop with A,J on the button because the blind has raised it only once.

I want to get chips for playing these hands yet they can lose but more often then not.. I represent my hands very strongly..

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the buyin level you are playing at in order to have a table image the players at your table must actually be paying attention to something other than the 2 cards they are dealt! During Micro limit buyin games table image is WAY overrated play a straight up game till the blind levels increase and you will do well.

If I hadn't myself played those levels years ago I would say a manically aggressive style would be ok but I have and being over aggressive WILL teach you VERY bad habits that will carry over up the limits. The unquestioned best aspect of online poker is that you can learn poker for little or NO financial risk, where as it used to take hundreds if not thousands in loses before you started breaking even! My advice is to tighten up now so that you develop winning skills or at least you will have a much better chance of not carrying your bad habits up where the loses will sting!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is by betting so big preflop you're forcing yourself to commit postflop if you're going to play at all. Villain could easily have Ax here if he's a bad player (bad players loooove ace-rag), in which case you'll have committed over a quarter of your stack with an underdog - and that flop bet will get called or raised, depending to which branch of donkism the other guy belongs.

Keep the pots small early on, unless you really do have a huge hand.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see your thinking at the pre-flop raise, but it was still way too big. As was previous mentioned you had yourself pot commited (almost ). The flop bet in my opinion was good, you were representing a big ace and to be honest chasing a jack high flush against bets like this was not the best idea for your opponent.

At this stage id have the brakes on big time, the Q on the turn was also a scare card, and you were just unlucky the jack hit on the river to help his busted draw. But there were so many hands that beat you at this stage id be worried, and fully prepared to check/fold.

Pocket eights is a difficult hand to play into 9 players, you have only a 50% chance against any two overcards. Remember low limit players love hands like KQ Ax etc...... Usually ill raise on the button or limp and hope for a low flop or "ideally" a set with a K or A on the flop, otherwise its an easy fold.

Well done on the win BTW.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually very cautious with Pocket 8's. I'm currently on a string of bad luck every time I play them. There was nothing you could do because the player is obviously committed in chasing the flush so whatever you bet (unless maybe you went all-in) he/she would have called.