Thoughts and suggestions for playing the middle section of holdem MTT

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mojo, all he;s implying is that people should be more aware of their poker selves. i dont think its as much condescending as it is a PSA

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good information here.​
I recognize similar holes (too big in my case to just be leaks :) in my mid-level game. Build a patient stack then wind up scared in the BB from a previous bad lay down or other mistake and now the button -- or utg+2 as often as not -- can smell my fear.​
Feeling a little stronger now, thanks to you guys. I apologize that I don't have anything to add more than the basic +1 but I've only just started to get serious with MTT's so I'm still in sponge mode. This was good stuff so soak up.​

Me_Tom

Me_Tom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to be tight in the start, bluffs almost never work then, to many fish around, play some more hands like suited connectors and some lower pairs, and in the final stages its more of a blinds steal then a pokergame, so u gotta adjust to that ass wel :p
GL on the Felt

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally speaking though, cold calling PF in mid to late stages of a MTT is bad. Either reraise or fold. Weak players will be the third or fourth person in the pot with hands like AJ, AT, KQ, I'd much rather have 78s here.

hi,
i'm kinda confused here. you mentioned weak players will be the 3rd or 4th into the pot with AJ, AT, KQ etc. do u mean they just flat call with these hands?

imho, i'll probably put the Gap Theory (or is it Concept?) to use here. If the original raiser raised to 2.5-3BB and its folded to me in mid/late position, i'll probably re-raise to 6-7BB here, hoping to be heads-up or take down the pot there. If the original raiser is re-raised before its my turn to act, i'll throw them away.

i've been playing 6mths and i'm still really bad at it...so please feel free to comment on my post. :D

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules