Study Group: Polished Poker Vol. II Workbook

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the thing with Leak Buster is, don't get overwhelmed. That's why in step 1 it's broken into critical leak stages. What are your top critical leaks it's lists there?

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats your default opening UTG range right now?

can i find that in Holdem manager ??

I did find these for my Utg hands if any use

I think the thing with Leak Buster is, don't get overwhelmed. That's why in step 1 it's broken into critical leak stages. What are your top critical leaks it's lists there?

last 50k Critical leaks

Attachments

• utg hands.jpg
    utg hands.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 78
  • critical 240615.jpg
    critical 240615.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 78
R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at a guess something like below although may add a few more suited aces and limp with them occasionally

Attachments

• utg.jpg
    utg.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 79
Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rhom your unopened early position stat on the previous page was 19.64%. So is the 11.6% shown above what you have trimmed it to now? If so you should see an instant improvement in your EP results.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rhom your unopened early position stat on the previous page was 19.64%. So is the 11.6% shown above what you have trimmed it to now? If so you should see an instant improvement in your EP results.

yup thats what im hoping for maybe it was something like , and maybe should be even tighter and maybe add a couple of other hands for balance, as in the 2nd picture

Attachments

• range2.jpg
    range2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 73
  • range3.jpg
    range3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 73
or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see most of you guys have the Leak Buster program. I have Pt4 and it comes with a leak tracker already.. But I'm curious how much would you all say it's helping you to improve your game?

M

mottotom27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see most of you guys have the Leak Buster program. I have Pt4 and it comes with a leak tracker already.. But I'm curious how much would you all say it's helping you to improve your game?

it's good at spotting really obvious leaks that i hadn't even considered before. occasionally it will suggest a stat range that seems a little off (like 79% cbet as the upper end of optimal flop cbetting range seems pretty damn high and unbalanced) but on the whole i feel it's a good long term investment that can point out a lot of subtle mistakes you're making. john can probably do a better job at advertising his product for you tho :p

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's good at spotting really obvious leaks that i hadn't even considered before. occasionally it will suggest a stat range that seems a little off (like 79% cbet as the upper end of optimal flop cbetting range seems pretty damn high and unbalanced) but on the whole i feel it's a good long term investment that can point out a lot of subtle mistakes you're making. john can probably do a better job at advertising his product for you tho

I definitely don't mind user reviews either! But I'll shoot him a pm about it.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm a lazy %^&*er and hardly use it. I bought it with Credits for downloading sites through HEM.

Think there are two versions - small stakes and bigger stakes not sure where small stakes ends maybe 25c/50c somebody will have to confirm

As mentioned John will be able to give the better answers

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won a free leakbuster licence in a pokersoftware.com competition. A nice bonus!
I suppose in a way it helps your awareness of and refine all those areas where you are weaker. So 'if' you make efforts to correct those weaknesses you are going to be playing your A game more often and just be an all round better player.
I particularly like the section that breaks down your hands by position so you can see longer term which hands in which positions are costing you money

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll probably go ahead and buy it. It seems much more useful than the pt4 leaktrackerand its not too pricey. It will probably pay for itself in a month. I didn't mean to get everyone here off topic but thanks again for the input!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll probably go ahead and buy it. It seems much more useful than the pt4 leaktrackerand its not too pricey. It will probably pay for itself in a month. I didn't mean to get everyone here off topic but thanks again for the input!

Sorry, like I said in the other thread I've been gone most of last week.

The bottom line with Leak Buster is it will save you TONS of time sorting and trying to run filters and find spots that you can focus on and learn from. I use my own product to analyze my game, and overall people have liked it a lot. I think I've honestly gotten 2 bad comments on it in almost 5 years of it being on the market now. So that's insanely good feedback overall.

Leak Tracker in PT is just a watered down copy of step 2 from leak buster. But Leak buster has a ton more in it than stat ranges. We're also adding some cool new features in the next week here. Some GTO stuff and a preferred analysis screen so you can look at your top big hands all in once place, run calcs on them, post them, etc..

If you have any specific questions though, let me know.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have any specific questions though, let me know.

I'm most likely going to buy it. I've found all of your other products I've purchased extremely useful so I'm confident this one will be as well. It might be a couple of weeks though, so If I come up with any questions I'll be sure to ask, thanks! :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm most likely going to buy it. I've found all of your other products I've purchased extremely useful so I'm confident this one will be as well. It might be a couple of weeks though, so If I come up with any questions I'll be sure to ask, thanks! :)

Thanks... and yes, just ask away. Leak Buster is our most popular product overall by a good amount. When we get the new version of LB no-limit out I'm going to start a study group specifically for that as well.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one posted here for a while

Overbet the turn line. ABC reg 18/14 in the cut off opening 34%

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

SB: $29.87 (119.5 bb)
Hero (BB): $29.38 (117.5 bb)
UTG+2: $18.15 (72.6 bb)
MP1: $24.64 (98.6 bb)
MP2: $50.75 (203 bb)
MP3: $25 (100 bb)
CO: $27.19 (108.8 bb) ABC Reg 900 hands
BTN: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
4 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) T 3 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1 intending to overbet the turn on this innocuous board

Turn: ($3.60) 9 (2 players) gutshot gives us extra outs so
Hero bets $4, CO folds

Results: $3.60 pot ($0.16 rake)
Final Board: T 3 2 9
Hero mucked K Q and won $3.44 ($1.69 net)
CO mucked and lost (-$1.75 net)

this sort of stealing makes for an interesting redline this weekend (25nl), would have been nicer without the 2 outta hitting last knockings.

Attachments

• this weekend.JPG
    this weekend.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overbet the turn line. ABC reg 18/14 in the cut off opening 34%

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

SB: $29.87 (119.5 bb)
Hero (BB): $29.38 (117.5 bb)
UTG+2: $18.15 (72.6 bb)
MP1: $24.64 (98.6 bb)
MP2: $50.75 (203 bb)
MP3: $25 (100 bb)
CO: $27.19 (108.8 bb) ABC Reg 900 hands
BTN: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
4 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) T 3 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1 intending to overbet the turn on this innocuous board

Turn: ($3.60) 9 (2 players) gutshot gives us extra outs so
Hero bets $4, CO folds

Results: $3.60 pot ($0.16 rake)
Final Board: T 3 2 9
Hero mucked K Q and won $3.44 ($1.69 net)
CO mucked and lost (-$1.75 net)

this sort of stealing makes for an interesting redline this weekend (25nl), would have been nicer without the 2 outta hitting last knockings.

Good spot... these are the situations I was talking about when considering a turn re-steal and slightly over betting here is great. Well executed.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good spot... these are the situations I was talking about when considering a turn re-steal and slightly over betting here is great. Well executed.

Ok so say we get called on the turn here in this spot what is our plan for the river if we brick?
I dont want to try and bluff a calling station so I'm thinking check if the villian is Wtsd 27% or greater and bluff if wtsd is lower. And specifically what are your thoughts if an ace comes on the end. I presume we cant rep it as we basically said we had a made hand on the turn.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so say we get called on the turn here in this spot what is our plan for the river if we brick?
I dont want to try and bluff a calling station so I'm thinking check if the villian is Wtsd 27% or greater and bluff if wtsd is lower. And specifically what are your thoughts if an ace comes on the end. I presume we cant rep it as we basically said we had a made hand on the turn.

You're giving up. If someone gets called on the flop and then calls a turn overbet, it's unlikely they're folding to a river bet. At high stakes back in the day I'd have a merged range here and shove the river. But that doesn't really work any more as players have a better understanding of GTO play and ranges. And at these stakes, I wouldn't try and get into a leveling war or anything. Just have a one and done plan. You plan to make a play at the pot on the turn at the flop, and you whiff... done. :)