strategy for one & one pot limit holdem

45ratso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
started playing in 1 & 1 dollar blind pot limit holdem game trying tofigure best strategy for raising blind of course depending on position but i raised 2 to 5 on drawing hands & max on premium hands. what do you all think?

S

shwingzilla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
45ratso said:
started playing in 1 & 1 dollar blind pot limit holdem game trying tofigure best strategy for raising blind of course depending on position but i raised 2 to 5 on drawing hands & max on premium hands. what do you all think?

This'll work only if you're playing poker with people who don't know how to play poker; that is to say it will work with low limit games. Whether it will work on 1 dollar blinds depends on where you are play. Anyone who's paying any attention at all to you will realise what you are doing and use the information of your betting to their advantage.

Here's a rule of thumb: if less than 40% of the people see each flop, this strategy will fail. If more, it might work. One more thing is I would start at lower limits, since you sound like a complete beginner (I don't mean that to sound like a jerk, simply that it makes sense to learn the game before you risk money). Read as much as you can, and realise that at absolute most only 25% of the hands in Hold'em are playable (I would suggest no pocket pairs lower than 77, and don't play aces/face cards with kickers lower than 10, suited or not).

Last edited:
Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules