Starting to beat 2nl, I think I know why! Still want advice however.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ain't happy with my winrate, I always try and be the raiser rather than caller, I think im playing in position as much as possible. Is there anything else I might be overlooking ? Anything please!

Regards
Post specific hand histories in the hand analysis section of the forum, perhaps?

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah if you have over $100 then just move up to 5nl, its the easiest level imo, never really beat 10nl but I can literally crush 5nl, its honestly too easy there for you to be wasting time at 2nl
The 2nl & the 5nl players are fairly passive, but when you move up after that you can expect to get a 3-bet everytime that you try to steal the blinds.
I'm not even going there.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20+bb\100 is completely sustainable at 5nl.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot for the love of god value bet anybody without having to fold because they fight back so aggressively on the turn or river. Ive grown extremely weary of playing top pair

Correct me if you think I am wrong but it sounds like you are being bluffed off your hand sometimes. I have caught a lot of people bluffing at 2NL recently, especially on the river when they have missed their draw or they have something crappy like middle pair that they were hoping would improve. I just try to think carefully about what they might have and whether the size of their bet makes sense in the context of what has already happened in the hand.

Maybe you are putting across the image of a player who will fold to aggression on the turn and river, and your opponents have started to notice.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct me if you think I am wrong but it sounds like you are being bluffed off your hand sometimes. I have caught a lot of people bluffing at 2NL recently, especially on the river when they have missed their draw or they have something crappy like middle pair that they were hoping would improve. I just try to think carefully about what they might have and whether the size of their bet makes sense in the context of what has already happened in the hand.

Maybe you are putting across the image of a player who will fold to aggression on the turn and river, and your opponents have started to notice.
My numbers mine you are comeing out my ass but 90% of 2nl have no freaking idea what there doing "besides calling any and every thing" they are not noticing that your folding the river to much to try to bluff.
Look at you HUD if the player has a low AGG factor which most 2nl have when they start check raiseing etc. especially on a dry board give your 1 pair or over pair the hell up.

BBmanAAAKK

BBmanAAAKK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about that, my stats are below.

Yes absolutely, I'm definitely being bluffed a decent percentage of the time. I just can't tell where I'm at, I try and figure out the opponents range (which is usually very wide) I sometimes just close my eyes and keep calling or usually bet 75% - pot. Table image might not be too much of a concern as the opponents I generally find are usually first timers. I think I just find it very hard to tell when I'm good. Their bet sizing is so odd, they sometimes bet small when they're very strong and bet very big with nothing, and min raise every bet you make, sometimes often which is really irksome. And when my top pair does get cracked by a river two pair I lose faith in its playability. I try not to get deep with top pair, unless it's a 3 bet pot with a fish, then I usually go along with it potting every street.

This is from the 1st of October upto this point today.

5ee6842957.jpg

Edit = oh and here is positions.
be30a809a5.jpg

Last edited:
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My numbers mine you are comeing out my ass

:confused: what on earth does that mean lol

they are not noticing that your folding the river to much to try to bluff.

At 2NL 6max, some villains notice what I am doing for sure. Regardless of whether they are noticing, there are plenty of bad players making idiot bluffs. I was just wondering whether BBman was folding too easily on later streets in these medium sized pots he mentioned

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused: what on earth does that mean lol

Means i have no stats to back up my bull shit numbers :)

At 2NL 6max, some villains notice what I am doing for sure. Regardless of whether they are noticing, there are plenty of bad players making idiot bluffs. I was just wondering whether BBman was folding too easily on later streets in these medium sized pots he mentioned
Your chaseing a ghost that is not there.I bet you $100 that i could beat 2nl 25bb+\100 with 10k+ hands.Playing "CARDS not poker" aka folding when they show agg vs over pair etc.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can expect to get a 3-bet everytime that you try to steal the blinds.

At 10nl?? Sounds like you've either got a tiny 10nl sample or your stealing against the wrong players, this line is just not applicable at all lol

BBmanAAAKK

BBmanAAAKK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will post some hands later I was unsure about. In the meantime Im off to play some skyrim. lol.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your chaseing a ghost that is not there.I bet you $100 that i could beat 2nl 25bb+\100 with 10k+ hands.Playing "CARDS not poker" aka folding when they show agg vs over pair etc.

Fair enough, but sometimes you just know they are bluffing and you can't pass up those opportunities.

With regards to BBman's stats it looks like you are winning money often enough at showdown (62%) but your fold to river bet (82%) seems really high, and your total aggr frequency (33%) seems too low.

Seems like you are putting money into the pot then folding too often, either by being bluffed or outdrawn (maybe resulting from you not being aggressive enough when you do have a hand)

BBmanAAAKK

BBmanAAAKK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I go, what determines aggr frequency again ? And what should I look for when facing oppoents, how does their Agg factor affect my decision.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair enough, but sometimes you just know they are bluffing and you can't pass up those opportunities.
Your going by your gut...live game not that awefull bad,but online idk

With regards to BBman's stats it looks like you are winning money often enough at showdown (62%) but your fold to river bet (82%) seems really high, and your total aggr frequency (33%) seems too low.

Seems like you are putting money into the pot then folding too often, either by being bluffed or outdrawn (maybe resulting from you not being aggressive enough when you do have a hand)

Before I go, what determines aggr frequency again ? And what should I look for when facing oppoents, how does their Agg factor affect my decision.
let me goggle that for you
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/25/probability/agg-factor-agg-frequency-some-help-plz-493276/
It affects your decision because low agg factor,then when he check raises your AA on a Qh 4s 9c when you raised utg had 3 callers and villain was in BB means he hit a set.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

First of all don't pay paticular attention to AF until you have a significant amount of hands (and I don't just mean 100) on player. If you have 100 hands on them and they're playing at like 10/4 or fairly tight then they've only played 10 hands. If they fold to continuation bet 50% of the time then you only have 5 hands on them where you have any stats on AF. Do you think 5 hands is a singificant enough sample size? Get rid of AF from hud would be my advice unless you're palying regs as people quite often look at it and let it influence their decision for some strange reason.

BBmanAAAKK

BBmanAAAKK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy had very high agression factor, but im a bit miffed if it was the right call on the flop and if I was right to re-raise all on the turn, his stats

were VP40/ PR 18/ his aggression factor was 74 (32/43) over 84 hands.

Was it the right to call his re-raises because of how high his agression factor was, I figure I would let him blast all his money away, but something did not feel right : /

Dealt to PokerReed533 [Kd As]
s74nitro posts the small blind of $0.01
shkw87 posts the big blind of $0.02
lambdoner calls $0.02.
PokerReed533 raises to $0.08.
sonnin5 folds.
foma-rostov folds.
Cobbee calls $0.08.
juanco3000 folds.
s74nitro folds.
shkw87 folds.
lambdoner calls $0.06.
Dealing Flop [7d Ah 4c]
lambdoner checks.
PokerReed533 bets $0.19.
Cobbee raises to $0.38.
lambdoner folds.
PokerReed533 calls $0.19.
Dealing Turn [Th]
PokerReed533 bets $0.49.
Cobbee raises to $1.20.
PokerReed533 raises to $1.68, and is all-in.
Cobbee calls $0.48.
Dealing River 9♣
PokerReed533 shows [Kd As]
PokerReed533 has One Pair, Aces
PokerReed533 wins $4.18

He shows A5 of clubs.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably bet flop slightly bigger. I'd rather just 3-bet flop as well. As played I prefer to check/raise turn rather thank donk bet into him unless you've seen him completely spaz out to donk bets.