starting bankroll for noob

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are new to the real money bet we recommend playing with low limits, sit tournaments of 0.02, 0.10, 0.25 are excellent for managing your bankroll

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best is to learn as much poker as you can before starting to play. I learned a lot before i even played my first game. Thats whats helped me a lot not to lose huge amounts of money at the beggining.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not expect bright prospects. I'm already tired of how you remind that only 15% of players are in profits when playing poker. If you want to make a profit, then learn how to play poker well from the beginning. Then try tables with cash with limits on 0.01 / 0.02, play in tournaments with a small bain. Where you better get out there and play.

ederato

ederato

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you try to play cash games, study poker rules a lot, look at several hands already played, search for poker. If you try to play with little knowledge, you will surely lose a lot of money. Try to play with the fictitious tokens, to improve the knowledge and then gradually advance pro cash games. Try to play small amounts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
start off at the lowest limits (1cent/2cent blinds), deposit at least $60 ($100 would be better if just new)Consider adding in some freerolls if you are able to play in any that are half decent ('worthwhile') otherwise don't even bother with the public freerolls (they might actually instill some bad habits).

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refilled the account for $ 50 on bcp and all lost played mtt for $ 1 there is no more opportunity to replenish the account! and plus somehow I'm afraid of losing again while I spin freerolls!

S

SoCalSon777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
school

If you're a beginner, before you start playing real money, my advice for you would be to follow the poker school classes. I think that will help you in your decisions.

from what i have been reading, start with the amount of 100 big blinds

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
decide how much you are willing to lose per year. like 40 bucks?

I

I3onez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play low Buy-in MTT's if you can take atleast 2 down without having to gamble on A 2-9 or 67s then your more likely to succeed in cash games because you know what starting hand work pre-flop cash is tight and not all fish will play middle pair or pocket 55

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd suggest deposit $50-100 if you are a beginner and have some money to spare for $2NL cash games. That would give you 25-50 buyins to get you plenty of experience at the micro stakes of cash games.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management