Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the point of staking, but in this context...well...it doesn't make sense. Any players that have a good enough graph over a long period of time at their current stakes should be able to fund themselves to go to the next level. Isn't that how BRM works?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the point of staking, but in this context...well...it doesn't make sense. Any players that have a good enough graph over a long period of time at their current stakes should be able to fund themselves to go to the next level. Isn't that how BRM works?
I originally thought exactly like this but going through this with a few players now I've realized that there are good reasons people do this. Some players cash out too much for real world stuff so they never move up. Some just want to take their shot at the next step without worrying about their BR. I mean if someone like fx grinds long enough he'll get to 10nl without problem but by taking the stake he gains that experience, while building his roll (hopefully), and without the risk of losing a portion of his own roll.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to all. Is this only cash games staking available? This isn't because I'm enquiring as I know I'm not good enough, just something maybe for the future if I ever improve lol ;D

I thought maybe you would of done some SnG/MTT backing too.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I originally thought exactly like this but going through this with a few players now I've realized that there are good reasons people do this. Some players cash out too much for real world stuff so they never move up. Some just want to take their shot at the next step without worrying about their BR. I mean if someone like fx grinds long enough he'll get to 10nl without problem but by taking the stake he gains that experience, while building his roll (hopefully), and without the risk of losing a portion of his own roll.

I also thought this when I saw someone being staked recently in a thread on here.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We currently have both SnG and MTT stakees.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We currently have both SnG and MTT stakees.

Oh, is there another thread for SnG/MTT? I just saw tenbob mentioned in his thread about 10nl cash + so was under the assumption that it was purely for cash games.

EDIT: What sort of numbers are you expecting in SnG's? Over how many games and so on?

This might give me an incentive to put in a real grind and something else to work towards in the near future.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are not taking in any sng or mtt stakes at this time. We have a few horses but just want to focus on getting some cash game players now.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, is there another thread for SnG/MTT? I just saw tenbob mentioned in his thread about 10nl cash + so was under the assumption that it was purely for cash games.

EDIT: What sort of numbers are you expecting in SnG's? Over how many games and so on?

This might give me an incentive to put in a real grind and something else to work towards in the near future.

Don't think they're looking for a SnG/MTT grinder right now but you could always send a PM with a graph/stats.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to imply that we were looking for more tourney horses atm. Kind of misread your question so I thought you were asking if we are currently doing any tourney staking.

Sorry for any confusion.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are not taking in any sng or mtt stakes at this time. We have a few horses but just want to focus on getting some cash game players now.

Why is no one responding to my graph, can't you see I crush those games??!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you can see I crush 50HU for 11bb/100 over a significant sample. I will agree to a 70/30 split of profits in my favour and I keep all rakeback. I look forward to your PM.

I scrolled up expecting it to be deleted. WV, I am disappoint.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me an you LC HU winner gets staked:)

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh Ok no worries.

Good luck whoever gets staked. Nice headsup chippy. Didn't realise you played 50nl, nice job. Is that your whole sample 4k hands?

EDIT: Just for future reference though, what sort of numbers do you look for in SnG's and MTT's?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me an you LC HU winner gets staked:)

50nl HU. No top up. Winner takes all. Winner has to cash out the $50, rub on tittays, and use $50 to buy a steak dinner. Pics of all steps required in trip report :)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wait that's my whole roll :)

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is no one responding to my graph, can't you see I crush those games??!

Read the OP and note that TB said someone would get back to those interested 'within a few days [not hours]'.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read the OP and note that TB said someone would get back to those interested 'within a few days [not hours]'.

Lol I'm not being serious, I just like to spam because it's the only thing I know how to do. Nobody seems to want to ban me though which is good.

Although if someone gave me a steak on that graph that would be awesome (and probably a bad idea).

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive decided to apply for this stake seen as how nobody else has even though i only have 106 posts on here i thought i would give it a shot.

first of all i will give you a bit of my poker back ground.
i started playing poker early 2010 i played mostly tournaments and didnt do very well depositing every other week pretty much like every one starts.
i basically learned how to play properly by joining this site in october i have been a member of this site 6 months but i havent posted much is i didnt think i was good enough at first to give people advice but i post more now.

in december 2010 with my last 25 dollars i decided to play 25nl fr and ran that upto $800 in about 3 weeks but then unfortunately i had a very bad run and ended up having a huge downswing (alot due to tilt i would say) as you can see from the graph below. This knocked my confidence so i withdrew all but $100 and started playing 5nl and a bit of 10nl however i cant really build a bankroll big enough to play 25nl again as i have withdraw $100 every week as i am a fulltime golfer (turning pro in september) so i need the cash to pay for my golf.

i have also attached my 5nl and 10nl graphs below i beat these 2 limits pretty easily but havent played much 10nl as i like to play 15 tables at a time and i usually dont have enough in my pokerstars account to play 10nl.

i think i would be a pretty good candidate to recieve the stake as i have had experience at 25nl so i have hands on regs and know the betting sizing etc and i am a former winner at the stake.

i play on pokerstars and i am currently a gold star but if i was playing 25nl i would easily attain platinum as i can play 75k hands a month quite easily so rakeback wise i would earn quite alot also.

ive attched my graphs but if there is anything else you require i would be happy to provide it.

Attachments

• 5nlnlnl.jpg
    5nlnlnl.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 10 nl graph.jpg
    10 nl graph.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 25pl graaph.jpg
    25pl graaph.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 94
LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to apply for a steak to play 50HU. I am very good and would make you lots of money. You have seen my garph. PM me.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the applications guys, but due to the current situation in regards to US players on the major poker sites the fund is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.