Simple question

U

USMCbulldogs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you bluff Against Big pots during large Blinds, with bad Personal hands?.

T

Teknophreak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i woud say you shouldn't bluff but if you are going to have the chips to do it cause you might have to fold your bluff and lose a lot of money.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do what????? can you be a little more specific please

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understand what table image you have already presented and know what you are facing. Position. Stacks. Reads, etc.

A bluff is just that. Something you do NOT want called.

Also need more info. Tourney? Cash game? Freeroll? ... ??

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is asking how do you bluff when you shouldn't.;)

That's what I thought at first. I'm not sure that's the case though. The question was worded... in a non-optimal manner.

I recommend buying and reading Harrington on Hold'em Volume II (after reading Volume I of course), as it deals a lot with this sort of topic.

Basically bluff the middle stacks, because desperate short-stacks and comfortable big-stacks are liable to fight back.

If you are getting short stacked, your move depends on your M and the action proceeding you in the hand. With an M at around 5, you can shove with just about two cards as long as nobody has voluntarily put chips into the pot yet.

Basically, you need to make big moves (and steal or get lucky) before you get too short stacked. If you're too short, people will call you with anything because losing to you isn't painful, and even if you do double up you don't win much.

Last edited:
R

Rivrd33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a loaded question. I would have to tell you it's hard to bluff if you're not confident in your hand. Be confident and see what happens. If you have confidence, you won't second guess yourself

D

drawingneardead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a loaded question. I would have to tell you it's hard to bluff if you're not confident in your hand. Be confident and see what happens. If you have confidence, you won't second guess yourself

No. Confidence in your hand is not required. If you think there is a good chance you will be called, you don't make the bluff. If you are betting based on the value of your hole cards, you are not bluffing.

Consider the advice that SavagePenguin gave you. The factors that he mentioned are much more important than your hole cards.

The timing and type of opponent are what influence your decision to bluff. Looking down at good hole cards at the same time is just a bonus.