Showing bluffs

Babynut

Babynut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. I think if you show you have a target on you. It just happened to work out for you this time next time you might not be so lucky.

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show my bluff if im trying to piss someone off... other than that i'll never show my bluff it shows your opponents how you play..... and your probably not going to be running into monster hands all day .......... so you need people folding to your bluffs to steal pots.........

N

NeVaTilTz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree gordon, i love being able to piss people off and put them on tilt if at all possible, but it sure can back fire on you when they go on tilt and crack your Js or Qs with Ace rag :eek:

oh wait it was suited, nvm thats a monster, see it says right here :deal: lol

Archinutz

Archinutz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What?? !!

I think showing bluffs is an excellent idea, I would encourage everyone to show as many hands as possible. I assure you it will put your opponents on tilt & baffle em with an overload of information. Poker is a game based on making decisions with limited information, so clearly providing your opponents with information they do not have access to otherwise is a great idea. Show em a bluff & they will infer from that exactly what you want them to, also occasionally show a big hand that no one would play with you, this also will cause them to react as you wish.
Gotta totally disagree as i am making the assumption you're making a joke

J

j0na1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great play 10crow10! I might try it some time. (actually I did try it but the person had slowplayed me and i lost the tournament ....)
Showing bluffs is good to make your opponents loose, but not just loose also a bit steaming. They can make bad plays in future cause they are slightly on tilt. They will want to bust you, take it personal, call with less then mediocre hands. Also it shows u are capable of anything, so it shows some respect and the next decisions (when u make a raise/reraise) wont be that easy for them.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering what peoples takes on showing bluffs are? It worked really good for me the other day. I was in a 5$ MTT and i had been at the same table for almost an hour, i was getting almost no action on any of my hands because the table was picking up on my tight style. So thats when i decided i needed to change my table image a little bit so when the this hand came up i saw it as a perfect chance. I was in the BB with about 20k in chips and my hand was 10 3 off, everybody folded except the SB who limped in (he had about 15k in chips) i checked my option and the flop game JD 2D 5S, i checked and he bet 500 (the min) so i decided to make a play and i raised it to 1500, he smooth called which tells me he almost certainly has a draw. The turn was a 7C and he led out 500, so sensing that was trying to see a cheap river i raised it to 3000, once again he smooth called. The river was a 9C, at this point the pot is pretty big and i figure he has missed a flush draw I am also aware there is a small chance he is slow playing a set, so once again he bets out 500 (into a over 10k pot) so i then let the clock run a bit and then pushed him all in, he insta folds and i pick up a nice pot. Normally in this spot i don't show my cards because i dont like to make people feel bad, but since i was getting little action at the table i decieded to show my 10 3 offsuit And did it ever work! like 20ish hands later an agressive chip leader limped in and i checked my 4 7 off from the BB, the flop came 4 4 3 and i check raised the exact way i did on my bluff and he shoved on me, i made the call and he showed AJ (no flush draw) my hand held up and i was the new chip leader!:cool: . So the moral of the story is sometimes when you are getting no action you have to take matters into your own hands, also that when you bluff you should have a decent idea about where your opponent is at. sorry if this sounds more like a hand anylasis then a strategy thread.
Nice and it will even work on some CC members :D tho i think i need to show some of them. your table image is the key to doing it, i have been doing it in freerolls when i don't get a hand:p
Good job,
See i am working on redoing how i play:D oh if you play AK just right you can make players think you have AA,

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of information. I'm not sure why you would want to give any away. Even if you are trying to change your image, a lot of people are smart enough to figure that out too.

If you want to see my cards, pay me.

(Too many people think they can tilt another player into giving away their chips. I blame Rounders for that.)

N

NeVaTilTz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definately a game of information gathering, but sometimes giving these young ultra aggressive players too much information can only work in your favor, its an information overload, they cant handle it a lot of the times, especially when your showing bluffs and monsters to them and talking crap to them at the sametime, you get in their heads, if not put them on tilt your at least going to have a good chance of them calling your somewhat oversized bets on draws or middle or top pair, but i dunno, i havent played poker in the last 2 years or so very much, so perhaps its changed, but back when i played i was constantly puting internet players on tilt, either with my bluffs or just by running my mouth to them and completely irritating them to the point where if they went all in vs me and lost they wouldnt care as much cause at least they dont have to be on the same table as me anymore lol

J

jeffownsyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i like that. nice post. I love showing off a good bluff when im sitting high with chips because it gets them angry, therfore more likely to call you the neext time...when u have the nuts!!!

J

j0sh1ngU

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i show sometimes cuz it allows your image to seem like a risky occasional bluff.. this sometimes causes others to make the wrong play.

C

chrismonk123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing ur hands can only eva work on a tight table to maybe loosen the table up a little and make them play more hands then what they would usualy would fold!

F

FreeFalling22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the first hand said you had knowledge of the game and the second hand was just very well played
where can i learn without money because you sure cant do it on play money

mrknwitall

mrknwitall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha ! yeah .. thats awesome play.. but yeah you do need to get lucky. what if he would have shoved you all-in from the start? would you call? They're tight but when they have a draw they are'nt too intimidated rather confident . Depends on player-2-player so watch out.! anyway thinkin of it it was nice play ! Cheers:)

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose that showing cards has it's place. Adjusting your table image can be advantageous. Mike Caro says, "An image that allows extra bluffs isn't usually as profitable as one that lures extra calls." I guess that showing a bluff now and then would help accomplish this.

tertip

tertip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont bluff realy much more semibluffs that i sometimes show.:D
dont like to show your bluffs in normal tournaments or cashgames in a private toruney with player that you know maybe.
the best way is to not show your bluffs , its harder to read and play against you.

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show any hands because i turned that option off since i`m too lazy to click muck/show hand and people should muck 90% of their hands which means majority of the time i have to click that MUCk/show hand which i`m too lazy to do so.. just turn it off... let them play the guessing game... :)

I dont know about pokerstars but in Full Tilt there's a shortcut key to muck/show hands, its ctr-M, so whenever i want to show a hand i simply use the shortcut to toggle between show / muck.