Status
Not open for further replies.
wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i am playing in a live tourny with ppl i have played before i will show every hand i win on non showdown pots. i do this because i want everyone to see im not playing junk cards or bluffing. that way when i get into a pot that someone may question my play, i have respect at the table. most of the ppl i play with are very lag so i almost never ever bluff live. it seems the few times i have tried to bluff i get caught. online it is a little different though. i show sometimes online but not always. and i bluff alot more online cause its easier to get away with if you get good reads on the table.

Emrald Onyxx

Emrald Onyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep 'em guess'n! Make 'em pay to see.

I only show the Royal Flush.

FREEROLLSFTW

FREEROLLSFTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show when my opponent takes a very long time trying to figure what I have. I kind of like when other people do this to it clears my mind and help me forget about the hand.

Emilionski

Emilionski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck, but i really like it when i fold and the other player shows and shows me i made a good decision or bad decision.

Surf Rat

Surf Rat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very,very rarely show my hands...only if they pay to see the showdown...keep 'em guessing I say...less information for them on you also.

nutshooter

nutshooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say never show. let the people think and say what they want. I have shown on occasions but only quads and a royal. I wouldn't show just to prove your not bluffing

E

eddy2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would almost always muck as it will give oppenents infomation about the way you play and could lead them to find ways of beating you. keep details on the ways you play securate to help ensure a succfull game play in poker.

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially for a novice player, I generally think that the best you can do to keep them guessing is to provide no information at all.

A much more skilled player might be able to manipulate mucks/shows to his advantage.

T

the west wing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I show is if somebody is chatting away in the box, obviously a complete idiot who goes on tilt at the flick of a switch and I outbluff him. Otherwise always mucking is a good play.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll sometimes show if they go deep into the think tank. but most of the time when the do go into the tank I'll take auto muck of and the end up calling anyway. but i know this isn't a good idea. i know i use this info all the time. i can remember one eg where someone went allin with a marginal hand from MP then showed it when everyone folded. I'm not sure whether they thought it was a good or bad hand all i know a few hands later when they limped i raised from the button and took his chips.i knew he didn't have a good hand because they would shove marginal hands.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all opinions and advices....
I appreciate it...

Well, based on all of your opinions, i have decided to muck always from now on, as many of u feel that's better...
Thank you !!!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show the odd bluff, muck every hand i can. Tho if i call a raise, win the pot i may show....

Thanks for all opinions and advices....
I appreciate it...

Well, based on all of your opinions, i have decided to muck always from now on, as many of u feel that's better...
Thank you !!!
yes mucking is way better then having to change the way you play..

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I automuck. Keeps me from being tempted to show. I think it's silly to show what I have if I don't have to.

That said, the people who show a garbage bluff can sned a table on tilt. :)

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually when i stalk microstakes on fulltilt i will find a table with a low potsize average and i will go to the table and show a few bluffs right away just to crack the rocks shell and then when they try to gamle with me i can win with weak hands....most of the time they just play big cards more aggressively and i read them and win with bottom pair...u see they wanna risk more but only with the same hands...shooting fish in a barrel

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing

If someone shows their hand it's for a reason....but one hand does not mean anything...if they show several hands you can gauge what your opp. is likely to play. ok ...:D

Bigsmak

Bigsmak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes its good to show sometimes its not..

Make every decision based on what is going on there and then just like every other decision you make in poker!

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always muck. That being said, the odd attempted steal and getting caught in the process helps in the long run. No information supplied is by far the best thing.

A

asmartone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck. I think it is +EV

X

xXShannonAXx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to muck but ill show the occasional bluff which as u stated does get u some action later on which is good

D

dspyguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i never show my hands..keep them guessing

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show in CC games on occasion, because it's a friendlier environment.

When I'm playing strangers online, I almost never show.
When you show, you're not just showing your hand, you're showing the guy exactly how you played that hand on every street up to that point.

When I do show in a non-CC game, it'll be a satellite situation where we're waiting for one or two shorties to bust so the rest of us can get a satellite ticket. I'll show if I have a big hand and "need" to make a bet which could be interpreted as a steal from another big stack. Showing is my way of saying, "I'm not screwing with you, buddy."

I've wondered what to do in that situation...usually I feel obligated to show...even when I probably shouldn't. I'll try the 'auto-muck' next tourney...in a few hours! Thanks for the tip!:D

L

LBroadbent

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show show my cards. Essentially, your opponents have to pay to see what you have. If they aren't willing to pay, I'm not willing to show.

Showing my cards gives away information about my game. I personally feel happiest about my play when I have won a few pots and I haven't shown any cards in a long time.

Poker is a game of information, and while I can see benfits to showing a bluff or whatever, I subscribe to theory that you sholdn't give information away.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As allways poker is situational if showing will give a desired effect then show for that situation. If there is no advantage leave the show button off. I like to leave it on when in a freeroll to slow a table down some if near the money. A little time can sometimes make a difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.