Should I bluff in 1/2 NL due to the type of players?

J

jimidredz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I always find when I try to bluff or use some specific strategies in low stakes it works way less. Is it better to just be more patient and play a tighter range or is there a way to still utilize some timing bluffs?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, in the micro stages, you have all type of players. Often people limp or call small bets to see the flop, also with questionable hands.

You should use bluffing more carefully but if you show an aggressive style and win a few showdowns, also bluffing can work.

But I would suggest to use bluffing more carefully at the micro games.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In micro blefes will fail in most of the time, because at this level the players almost always pay, even without having anything in mine. Então eu hardly blefo unless i perceive that the player is very tight

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I would say that it depends on the line you take, if for example you 3bet pre-flop and the board is A or K high you can 3 barrel to fold top pair with worst kicker or medium pocket pairs. Boards that contains a flush draw also are good condidates to bluff. I don't advise you to do so vs a fish or a calling station. Remember never bluff the fish.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing without bluffing means narrowing the strategy of the game, a lot of hands are won on bluff, if you don't bluff and play only when you have a good hand or you hit the flop, it's primitive and it will be very easy to play with you, just on micro limits and you need to learn to bluff, there is a lot of literature that will help you in this question

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes the bluff on the flush droll before opening the turn is risky but sometimes I think it's valid for opponents to feel more confident to bet when we have a good hand ahead