Shorthanded play

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great addition, FP. I havent had chance to read it all but I just wanted to add that 6 handed play at these limits is exactly as you put it. The swings are crazy and any hand is playable. The BB will think nothing of calling a raise-raise in behind him with 57s. A lot of players have to adjust in order to make a profit at the 6 handed ring games but there is definitely money to be made and the action is fast and furious.

I really enjoy playing at Laddies in the 3/6 FL 6 handed tables, although there are times when I have been $200 down, others where I am $200 up. You have to ride the swings and it pays to pay attention to the average pot as well, particularly if you are looking for particular type of game i.e. tight/wild

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something I forgot to mention is the fact that if you're not used to taking notes on players, you need to start doing it if you're planning on playing 6-max. At a full table, you can often get away with just playing tight, but shorthanded, you NEED to know what opponents will bet the river with ace-high (and subsequently call your raise) and which will not. It will make a huge difference in your profits.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands