Sessions questions.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 9 winning sessions in a row at .25/.50 LHE, I'm probably getting over confidant, leading to a severe setback just round the corner. Not all tables during these sessions showed good, and the total winnings isn't spectacular, but it has brought my overall ring $/hr rate close to my tourney $/hr rate.

Currently 4 tabling, 6 max (fast tables) LIMIT, my stack shows good (up) as soon as I can calm down the confusion of having 4 tables suddenly demanding my attention. At this point my HUD is only marginally helpful (the action is fast), and for me, now, I can't deal with any more tables. From all I've read, I'll get used to this soon, and add 2 more tables.

My stats tend to show that I start fast and usually drop roll until that calm comes. Then my stats drop, and the games seem very straightforward. Players come in typically, drop $5 or $10 in 20 minutes and go, replaced by another clone.

This is my first serious run at ring and the grind factor is certainly less glamorous than tourney play. BTW my tourney play seems to have tanked.

So my first questions are;

During your sessions, how many of your tables show bad?

I have barely noticed a dif between .10/.20 and these .25/.50 tables play wise. Is there something I'm missing? And what might I look for at .50/1.00? Or the next levels?

And beyond the scope of this topic, and way general to successful poker, Do you profittable players find that you need to change games occasionally to remain engaged, or are there some of you who are grinding a living out day after day at the same stakes ?

jj48fan

jj48fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also run 4 tables at a time but play at the lower stakes and to me the 6 player tables were just to fast. I moved back to the 9 player tables and have done much better. Seems like you have a lot better chance of having folks call your raises with the premium cards you are waiting to get dealt at the 9 player tables.

Now I know for some of these guys only 4 tables at a time is a joke but I haven't been playing multi-table online cash for very long. I would try and move to the bigger tables and give it a try, it moves a little slower.

I only put 50$ to start so I am at the .01/.02 tables $2max buyin. I will not move up to he higher stakes until my bank roll gives me at least 20 rebuys for the level I am playing. I will move up to the $5 max buy in when I reach $100.

Now I could just throw on a bunch more money to move up but from advice from other CC members and I going to use the lower stakes to get better at online multi-cash tables and move up from there.

So bankroll not boredom dictates my blind levels.