SBvBU 3betpot overplay? vs reg

G

gaucan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
TH
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD 2 Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem 0.25(BB)
BTN ($28.86) [VPIP: 27.6% | PFR: 21.6% | AGG: 37.8% | Flop Agg: 59.5% | Turn Agg: 26.1% | River Agg: 0% | 3Bet: 10.3% | 4Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 12.9% | Hands: 239]
HERO ($35.11) [VPIP: 31.3% | PFR: 25.3% | AGG: 39.5% | Flop Agg: 46.8% | Turn Agg: 32.5% | River Agg: 41.1% | 3Bet: 12% | Fold to 3Bet: 47.2% | 4Bet: 17% | Hands: 1283]
BB ($25.35) [VPIP: 17.6% | PFR: 15.7% | AGG: 36.1% | hands: 544]
HJ ($53.60) [VPIP: 28.4% | PFR: 17.1% | AGG: 38.1% | Hands: 216]
CO ($25) [VPIP: 21.2% | PFR: 17.6% | AGG: 25% | Hands: 87]

Dealt to Hero: Q K

HJ Folds, CO Raises To $0.62, BTN Calls $0.62, HERO Raises To $2.87, BB Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls $2.25

think, i should add to sizing here since there is coldcaller, and we 120bb deep with coldcaller

Hero SPR on Flop: [3.93 effective]
Flop ($6.61): 4 Q 7
HERO Bets $2.18 (Rem. Stack: $30.06), BTN Raises To $13.15 (Rem. Stack: $12.84), HERO Raises To $24.12 (Rem. Stack: $8.12), BTN Raises To $25.99 (allin), HERO Calls $1.87 (Rem. Stack: $6.25)

dont like my 1/3p size (tho cant be terrible overall i guess? giving hard time to all those PPs, AXs( with bdfd) )
this board seems to be a bit better for caller as he would lot of AQ KQs (noobs also lot of KQo still since i used lower size pre?) either way, these strong medium hands that are top of his range, beside 44 77 i dont expect these bluffcatchers to be raising vs 1/3p cbet so i think i should be using biggger size like 62% lets say, what do u think? more polarized size not a rangebet 1/3pot size... since villain i dont expect to raise often if ever with AQ , fearing that i have AQ too or KK AA , QQ(1combo if he have AQ)

vs his retarded size raise , i guess, i could easily fold KQ, but not sure about AQ, since i dont expect such a big raise to be AQ , since he would fear KK AA.. then i guess i could start folding AQ too, but if im wrong and he still use this raise size for his AQ(8combo if i have KK, 6combo if i have AA) as a bluff at this point basically, along with his 77,44 (6combo in total) , then it starts to be 0EV decision for his potraise (or guess its over the pot raise even) , and then i guess i should mixcall/fold AQ

my shove is i guess stupid since i dont expect any bluffs like AJ so what am i shoving for... so even if i had AQ, its only a call and fold on turn? am still shoving for 45-50bb more, over his huge raise.. I turned my KQ basically at the bluff, along with my KK AA which should be a valuebet if he actually have enough AQ along with 44 77 , which is actually something i should be doing if he have enough AQ for this potraise, right? But in the end i was thinking more like, that what else to do with this hand, am OOP and i dont want to see A turn, in case he actually ever have a bluff like AJ A4s...

Turn ($58.59): 4 Q 7 K

at least i would beat AQ if i called his raise, then i guess i should shove here, if i called raise on flop. right?

River ($58.59): 4 Q 7 K 9

BTN shows: 4 4

BTN wins: $55.67

Last edited:
S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the cbet size is fine. When he raises for full pot I would expect him to have 44 or 77 slot, especially double flatting. Possibly AQ occasionally and there really arent any bluffs except 56s (unlikely), and something random. I think you need to fold flop, though I would struggle to do this in practice in game.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dealt to Hero: Q K

HJ Folds, CO Raises To $0.62, BTN Calls $0.62, HERO Raises To $2.87, BB Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls $2.25
Preflop our sizing is fine. We want to eliminate opponents out of the pot and play heads-up with a very strong hand.
Hero SPR on Flop: [3.93 effective]
Flop ($6.61): 4 Q 7
HERO Bets $2.18 (Rem. Stack: $30.06), BTN Raises To $13.15 (Rem. Stack: $12.84), HERO Raises To $24.12 (Rem. Stack: $8.12), BTN Raises To $25.99 (allin), HERO Calls $1.87 (Rem. Stack: $6.25)
Here comes all the problem: our c-bet sizing for this position is perfect. In order to balance our range we shouldn’t be overbetting flop too much in 3-bet/Squeeze pots.
And villain shouldn’t be raising here as well: when we 3-bet we own more combos of QQ+ than villain. Observe that villain is totally out of the line, raising us on a dry flop to 6x!!!
Well, villain doesn’t hold QQ+, there aren’t too much bluffs for this flop so I would see no problem to play unbalanced and exploitatively fold here having no further worries.
Like I said on another post, when villain is unbalanced there’s no problem if we play unbalanced too, and make exploitative moves like folding our TP2K here.
Unless you have noticed that villain is aggro maniac and overvaluing his range often, you should’ve folded.
After villain raises us to 6x the sizing of our C-bet, investing 50% of his stack, I don’t think villain is folding to any sizing anymore. Would villain have bluffed that much? And what bluffs does it has?

Last edited:
georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
And villain shouldn’t be raising here as well: when we 3-bet we own more combos of QQ+ than villain.
It looks like vilian don't care about this... in fact, most of the time I would play (the set) it that way too (i would even shove, there is a premise for it, the hero also re-raises).

Such a big re-raise at the flop it's always а signal for some big (usually а set), i fold here 100% (as long as I haven't gone into donkey mode).

Last edited: