reraise weakness

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been noticing in my stats that I very rarely reraise. I thought about this and realized that the only time I reraise is after I have been slow playing and I have the nuts on the river. I know I don't like to reraise preriver with a good hand because I like the other guy to think he is in control and I can win more chips from him by letting him do the betting. Also I play the lower limit games a lot of the time and a reraise doesn't carry the same power as it does in the higher limit games. Anyway, it is a hole in my game that I am going to have to work on and change up my style a bit.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Re-raising preflop is a great prevention against bad beats. It's gets out players holding suited connectors or possible full house possiblities just by just calling with hands like J, 5. Also, the player who raised first will more than likely call but if he/she folds, chips are yours. A good recipe of winning is a good percentage of the pots you win you don't get to the river and your hand is never shown.

CACADETORO

CACADETORO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when players' re-raise you on a draw and get in on the river, iit's like they know! or is this the right play buildin' up the pot, hopin' your cards hit's the river. I don't understand that or I am just playin' against bingo players

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems that some (perhaps quite a few) players at the low buyin and freeroll levels don't fully appreciate that the viability of re-raising on a draw depends on how much fold equity they have in a given situation. And that depends on various factors, a key one being the nature of the opponent(s). If they are players who will fold relatively easily, betting with a draw is better than doing so against calling stations because when they fold, you don't have to hit your draw to win.