Remember omaha-ah-ha dangers

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the hi/lo tourny earlier. Had one of those days we all dread, but are inevitable, The really good draws, that keep you in until the river. It was getting close to the bubble of A 4.40 buy-in so even when I had those good draws (at least they look good in your hand) I started folding, tightening up, until I had A really strong draw, I had a-a-2-3 double suited, The flop comes, 4-5-k, the 4-5 are suited with my a-2, now I have the nut flush draw, straight flush draw, nut lo draw, the turn is A q still have A very playable hand but need some help on the river. Meanwhile the betting structure is 600-1200 and I'm down to 4600 by the turn, now It's decision time, should I call with all my remaining chips, or laydown, at this point although it looks good, I have at best A pair of aces. All the rest is just A draw if the river doesn't complete me then I'm out, and I have already invested 2/3 of my chip stack to this point. What would you do in this position, by the way I was the button.Well I decided to lay it down, if I catch my ace then any jack 10 chaser has me but i'll have nut low, The danger of course is A high card that doesn't hit my flush draw, then I'm out, drum rollllllllll A QUEEN HIT THE RIVER , wouldn't of completed my flush, no lo, and out I would go, Earlier in my omaha playing carrer I would not of hesitated to call at the turn, Even if It had gone lo there was another ace duece out there, and he also had the three, so I would of been quartered, I made it to 19 th place as A result of making A tough lay down, kings full of queens scooped the whole pot and two others were sent packing, both had lo and flush draws. DID I MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION, your comments would be appreciated!!:deal: