Rebuy or Not?

Jair83

Jair83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MTT Rebuy tournaments, has entered these tournaments just as I was finishing the Recoomprar ban and entered the add on's doonde vece I take myself many that sa good advantage of it, that's a strategy I Copy :)

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically, when we talk rebuy, we are talking tourneys, same with add-on.

Cash guys, what are the 'proper' terms for reloading at a cash table?

reloading?

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy if you have your composure still. Otherwise just walk away and come back later. The dealer is always waiting.

rubenator

rubenator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not on Tilt, re-buy. If you had a bad beat (and you're not angry about it) rebuy.

If you lost because of dumb calls, mistakes, or the fact that you got angry at other players. Stop playing and walk away.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically, when we talk rebuy, we are talking tourneys, same with add-on.

Cash guys, what are the 'proper' terms for reloading at a cash table?
Buy back in/reload, if you bust your 100bb's.
Top off, if you get below your starting stack of 100 bigs.
Notice I'm using 100bigs for a example because short stack is not going to do either.

M

Magneto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make a rebuy when I'm kicked out by a bad beat, but rarely do I make an add on. I mean how many images this helps add on

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always rebuy! The more you have the better! :)

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say, u can rebuy once, that too cause u might have atleast got a read on players by that time and also u have an advantage that few players might come hard on u after u bust out once, which u can use to ur advantage if u are smart enough...
And if u get bust again, i suggest u to change the table rather than rebuy at the same table cause probably the other players have a better read on u than u on others...
Also if u get bust even in other table, then its time u log out of the tables and do some reading,watching and come back later...
Hope my opinion helps u.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never rebuy (because it puts me on tilt :)

But Sklansky wrote some about the theory of when to rebuy in one of his books, probably "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" (my favorite tournament book :)

S

stoneman75

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuy

A friend told me it was a good way too start, that way i dont lose all my money at once. Guess its a bank management thing. Also told me it was a good idea too cash out after ive tripled up, and reinvest orig. amt...just my two thoughts from a newbie

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just the other day I decided to open upa a single 6 max table to play some poker, as it turned out I chose a juicy table where I had the biggest spewtard aggrodonk ever on my immediate right. I also had tight nits to my left, excellent. However what ended up happening is I got coolered bigtime twice and sucked out on 3 times plus lost some other chips in top ups and stuff from just being a bit unfortunate in certain spots, basically I was down ~5 buy ins yet I kept reloading why? because I just knew I had an edge over my opponents (eventually the nits were replaced by some other exploitable players) especailly this aggrtard on my left who was so really easy to trap or out aggress in certain spots (if I was willing to make risky plays in big pots where I knew they were bluffing). in the end I regained about 4 buyins but then all the ATMs had left and I decided to leave as well. I ended up down about a buy in but the main point is that despite the fact I was losing I felt it was best to rebuy because I knew I had an edge and the table was just too profitable to leave

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people view the total amount of a number of re-buys and the add-on (not just the original registration fee) as the buy-in for one of these tournaments. They then proceed to play very aggressively knowing that most everyone else is doing the same thing, and that they will have multiple opportunities to go bust and re-enter the tournament.

I don't usually play these tourneys simply because they encourage a lot of hyper-aggressive (sometimes reckless) play. That said, I like the huge prize pools that these grow in to. So when I do play, I stick with one initial buy-in/registration and the add-on. If I'm having a lucky day (I have those once every month or two) then I have the potential to win a lot for very little risk

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When playing Cash games do you think its a good idea to rebuy or add chips if you've lost them all?
I'm not a big fan of it & have heard in several poker books that its not a good idea, basically because if your losing why keep adding money.
What do you guys (& gals) think?
Winning makes you and opponents believe that you are playing better, hence your game is really improving and their - getting worse. You will probably be playing more aggressive and more confident, and you will be stronger opponents fear. Conversely, when you lose you will be playing insecure and passive, receiving the image of a weak player. Therefore, it is better to stay in the game, when you win, and not vice versa.