Re: FLHE semibluffs

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What Limits?

I tried it a bit more yesterday with mixed results, stole two blinds but then lost twice and then a calling station took me all the way to the river where he hit his ace (grrr. I hit something on the flop and he followed me all the way with nothing!). But I tend to find that with a lot of donks, they get offended when you try and jump on their blind and call you down, and sometimes they get lucky and it costs you a lot. I prefer to avoid these situations altogether.

That was kind of the point I was making originally and I asked you what limits you are playing at, because I could see it working better when the blinds are worth more to people. I'm playing at .25/.50 at the moment (there aren't many people that won't call you for 25c!).

All ended up good though and I made a nice triple up yesterday. Hence my advice to play a tight game (at .10/.20 & .25/.50). You'll find people just throwing their money at you. I found that .02/.04 and .05/.10 were a lot more difficult because people will play ATC with pennies (and forget pushing anyone off a hand there lol).