Raises from the blinds STRONG!

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noticed that when I raise in middle or early position and get raised from one of the blinds it’s a very strong raise. AA KK QQ sometimes JJ or AKSP. What hands are you folding? Calling with against this range? Found myself in tricky spots with AQ in particular. Any thoughts?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's entirely dependant on the villain. Do you play with a HUD? I do, and if I see you opening weak cards from MP and it folds around to my BB or SB, I use the chance to 3bet and take down the pot. People are always watching out for button abuse raises, but they give much more respect to SB and BB raises.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace Queen is a strong hand when playing against just the blinds.
Be mindful when 4-betting, but definitely appropriate at times.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely give credit to the BB/SB. Even I tighten up there and I am the last person to give poker advice haha.

B

Babis VGS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are EP or MP and BB raises you its AK+. Maybe not even JJ. Or some crap like 87s.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me depends on much he raised and how much chips I got. I'll likely fold with A9 or weaker if my stacks is low.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U can 4bet/fold with AQo and call 3bet with AQs.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your opening range from utg and mp then we can work out your defending range ip and oop vs a 3bet.