Raise Small PP UTG? NL2

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, in fishy games do you prefer to raise 22-55? Or fold? Specifically thinking about NL2 where I see either lots of overly tight regs, or classic fish.

Referring to 6max btw.

I know opening these UTG is not "by the book", but what about NL2? Worth set-mining or no?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, in fishy games do you prefer to raise 22-55? Or fold? Specifically thinking about NL2 where I see either lots of overly tight regs, or classic fish.

Referring to 6max btw.

I know opening these UTG is not "by the book", but what about NL2? Worth set-mining or no?

Thank you for posting

Typically you fold because of the lack playability post flop. If however that changes because of V then limping or raising a wide range beyond pairs is worth while.

The weaker your V the more flops we want to see in all positions. So if we can limp 22 early not get raised and then get stacks with sets we can do so.
We have to be realistic though about much value we are truly getting

Hope this helps

D

DavidSWE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the players at your table, tight regs, sure raise low pps UTG, they will fold a lot pf as they play few hands.
Vs fishy players, depends on how many fishy players are in position on you and how they play, do they call a lot pf but fold to most cb's if they don't hit the flopp well, then raise small pps if you think you might get called by one fish who folds a lot of flopps. If there are 2 or 3 fish in position then don't raise low pps UTG.