Franco Beck

Franco Beck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the classic where you're at the first level or two and card dead
at a 180 player sng...
There is a maniac on board who has doubled up twice ....
He now has decided to virtually go "all in" almost every hand pre flop and sometimes after ...steal'n the blinds and push'n the small stacks.
His chips are almost free :icon_sant but you've got squat every time.
Would you gamble...and get involved with some kind of drawing hand or just stay away all together!
He's going to give them away in the next 10 minutes which he did.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early on, doubling up isn't as important as surviving.

If you win, you have another $1,500 chips.
If you lose, you're eliminated.

By the time you get to the money those $1,500 chips that your risked your tournament life for aren't very significant. And play is so wild at the beginning of these things that a big chip stack early doesn't give you a whole lot of bully-power. So unless you have a premium hand, I don't think you should shove.

Now, if I was playing a freeroll I might be apt to do it with suited connectors. You know, get lucky or get out. If it's free, the only loss is time & potential, and both of time and potential have higher dividends at $ games which I might play instead.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, I dont see any reason to try to get lucky just because he goes all in a lot. I would open up my calling range a bit but not too much. Like savage said, those chips dont go very far once you get deeper into the tourny so dont even bother hoping to get lucky just because he doesnt have premium hands everytime.