quiz: jj will you call all in here

R

Rickman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will never be able to make a list of what should be done with JJ in this spot unless you are always playing with the exact same people sitting in the exact same seats with the exact same actions from them in every hand.
Should have waited to post after Inoc (or kmixer, but I prefer his avatar).
would have saved me a lot of typing!

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much. I really think it is worth to hear so detail explanation

Should have waited to post after Inoc (or kmixer, but I prefer his avatar).
would have saved me a lot of typing!

A

andrewsz1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have him covered by a good amount I say call that. But I think that sometimes you're behind in that situation by a good amount. He could've hit a set or had a higher pocket pair. I don't like getting it in at that situation

P

poptartsaresweet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I call the 3 bet, than it depends. Blah blah blah.
High Stakes to mid stakes, it depends.

Low stakes to really low stakes. I say always call. No, it depends situation. Just call.

You're not playing Ivey here. People at this level suck. big time. The fact that they didn't shove pre flop lowers their range quite a bit. And since were playing idiots at these low stakes. I would say on average this play is profitable at the stakes your playing.

Now, without filtering out the good players, this play is less profitable than it could be. Which is what poker kind of is. What really bad players do is, those look pretty, lets call the shove. What okay players do is (not thought out though) is say that jacks are pretty good, an overpair, lets call). What good players do think is, lets avoid this situation against this particular type of player, because its not as profitable as it could be, but call against others where it is, and on a whole lets just try to focus on situations where we get our money in good. And what great players do is not always avoiding situations where we can put money in good. But through some skill, is making what are unprofitable plays into profitable plays by skill. it addition to know when to turn away.

J

JimmyS1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This video is a good tutorial on how to play pocket jacks.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was good - edited and shows about a dozen JJ hands in various positions and circumstances.