Question on PT3 graphs

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That EV line on the graph is bs. It just makes you blame variance for losing money, and when you're winning you're not sure if you're playing well.

Turn it off, come back in a few 100k hands and turn it on, and I'm sure it'll be right on track.

As other people said, worry about the slope of that green line, use the leakbuster and try play better poker.

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leakbuster? Is this a type of program to use with PT3?

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Also, will I ever have my "amount won" line over my "net expected win"?

I like when the yellow line is above my green line, since it means I'm playing better than my results.

(oversimplification)

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like when the yellow line is above my green line, since it means I'm playing better than my results.

(oversimplification)

Are you saying that if your green line is running above your gold your running hot? If so then I am on a 32k hands heater.

Attachments

• 2nl11051553.jpg
    2nl11051553.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 61
GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, and I am on a 30K hand cooler XD

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AIEV is only one tiny part of luck.

FWIW, a cooler tends to be one hand in my experience - you're on a downswing ;)

Turn off EV and forget about it

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About the red line and the vpip/pfr spread.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with calling someone's open raise provided

1. you have position
2. you are in either one of these situations:
2.A. villain has a wide range and you think you can make him fold a lot postflop. This is particularly effective when calling with suited ace-x , suited connectors, basically any hand that can flop enough equity for you to semi bluff many boards with enough equity to make it profitable.
2.B. villain has a tight range and you think you can stack him a lot when you flop a monster. This is particularly effective when calling with pocket pairs in order to flop sets

When you get confused about 2A and 2B, i.e. you try too hard to make people with tight ranges fold, or you play fit or fold against people with a wide range, you start burning money.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you saying that if your green line is running above your gold your running hot? If so then I am on a 32k hands heater.

oversimplification haha. i like the advice to not even look at it.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About the red line and the vpip/pfr spread.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with calling someone's open raise provided

1. you have position
2. you are in either one of these situations:
2.A. villain has a wide range and you think you can make him fold a lot postflop. This is particularly effective when calling with suited ace-x , suited connectors, basically any hand that can flop enough equity for you to semi bluff many boards with enough equity to make it profitable.
2.B. villain has a tight range and you think you can stack him a lot when you flop a monster. This is particularly effective when calling with pocket pairs in order to flop sets

When you get confused about 2A and 2B, i.e. you try too hard to make people with tight ranges fold, or you play fit or fold against people with a wide range, you start burning money.

This is awesome advice!!!!!!!! :)