Question about blind format.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So at Lucky Chances in CA, they have a 1,2,2 blinds. No limping, min $5 opening bet.

In this format what would you consider as an effective 100BB relative to a $1/2, $1/3 game?

N

nellyoung

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
So at Lucky Chances in CA, they have a 1,2,2 blinds. No limping, min $5 opening bet.

In this format what would you consider as an effective 100BB relative to a $1/2, $1/3 game?
I think the effective stack size would be 100 times the big blind, which is $200. I will consider $200 as the effective stack size in the $1/2, $1/3 game at Lucky Chances in CA.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even in a 2 blind structure low stakes live game are often more shallow, than they appear, because people use larger open sizes, than they do online or in high stakes live game. And in a 3 blind structure like this, there is more dead money to fight for. In this case there is 5$ in blinds, whereas in a $2/4 game it would be 6$. So probably its not to far out to say, that you can stack off for 400$ or 200BB with the same range, that you would stack off for 100BB in an online game.

N

nellyoung

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Even in a 2 blind structure low stakes live game are often more shallow, than they appear, because people use larger open sizes, than they do online or in high stakes live game. And in a 3 blind structure like this, there is more dead money to fight for. In this case there is 5$ in blinds, whereas in a $2/4 game it would be 6$. So probably its not to far out to say, that you can stack off for 400$ or 200BB with the same range, that you would stack off for 100BB in an online game. geometry dash scratch
I totally agree with you.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$500-$600 if I understand correctly. I think it's your use of the word effective that's confusing me, but I guess the terminology is fine. It's just not what most people would think about if they heard "effective stack".