QQ vs 3 Bet OOP 10NL

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend starting with PT3 for no other reason that it has a 60-day trial and will allow you to become familiar with using tracking software correctlybefore you use the shorter 15-day HEM trial.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Srry I didnt read all the other posts.

Facing a 3bet from the btn or CO while holding QQ?

4-bet/fold. You'll learn to save LOTS of money that way.

2.25X - 2.5X his 3bet should do the trick.

timboslice4

timboslice4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i dont have a read on this player ill prolly just call because if the flop is low you have a huge advaantage on AK if an A or K comes on the flop it is easy to fod to a c-bet. There is also the possibility you can hit a set with the hand and crush his AA or KK

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Srry I didnt read all the other posts.

Facing a 3bet from the btn or CO while holding QQ?

4-bet/fold. You'll learn to save LOTS of money that way.

2.25X - 2.5X his 3bet should do the trick.

You're gonna turn QQ into a 4-bet bluff? I'm not a fan of this. By the time we 4-bet, even that small, we'll be getting a really nice price to call a 5-bet shove at 100BB deep vs. a range of QQ+/AK.

W

wetyeti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice thread (madtom, it matsy from DTB), so much too yap about!

hands like this one are why we NEED our software. I like PT3, try both and see what you like.

As for the hand, flatting the 3bet is the worst option. At 10nl playing a 3bet is way out of most players comfort zones. Moreover, we're oop against an unknown... Do we really want to get into 3bet pot here?

Go for the 4bet and get it all in if villain shoves. There is no need to 4bet half your stack as the OP mentioned. I think its Hillbilly that said 2.40ish which is spot on. With no info on the villain I would much rather get it all in with QQ than try to play postflop oop.