QJ,KJ,KQ both suited and non suited. Do you guys raise or just limp?

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would probably depend on position and how long I've been at the table. But I would normally raise with these types of hands, as others have said avoid limping at all cost.

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise with any suited connector, regardless of position, and depending on the position, I give 3-bet. That way, my opponents never know when I 3-bet them with aces or with 6-7 suited.

NeZlo4

NeZlo4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone

As mentioned in the question above, do you guys raise when you get this hands from any positions as well as call if there is a raise from others. i have hard time playing this cards. i always end up losing vs two pair or high kicker.
so i decided to just limp with this card and lost against player who limped as well with 74o (made two pairs on flop and i had Q pair). so it made me wonder if i had raised preflop he might have folded those card.

So can anyone give me some guidelines how to play those cards and also is it good idea to play from all positions?
Please suggest some book to improve my cash game.

Thank you

Preflop you can limp only in late position with AA or KK. But this game is questionable. In any case, it is necessary to start from the fact that would go 1 on 1 with its opponent.

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gods enough to call, good enough to raise is what I live by. Never limp!

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these hands to 3bet only at a late stage of the tournament in late position.
In the early and middle stages I play these hands very carefully.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the case of different suits of KJ, KQ, JQ, you usually expect to flop a hand: Straight. The main conditions of the draw are late position and no raises in front of you.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I raise with the KQ, because it is a strong pair. I also like the QJ raise from a strong position or limp from difficult positions when the other players are not so aggresive. The KJ is a pair that I chooze to play sometimes I can say very few times!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing with our cards we will lose, we must learn to manage our stacks and value the cards. We can not go allin when we hit two pairs on the flop with any opponent. We must analyze the situations and see if there is a possibility of losing.If you learn to fold these hands, especially when playing against opponents who have more stacks than you, doing so will give you a chance to play a hand, and we will continue the tournaments.

Last edited:
Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation at the table. But in most cases I raise a stake.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely limp. I get no information from other players by doing this. I will at least bet 2.5BB if I want to play my cards, regardless of my hand strength. I will play KQs and QJs from EP with a raise if the game isn't especially loose. Obviously, you're looking for straights/flushes but your c-bet will work very often since people will put you on a very tight range from EP. Proceed with caution if you only hit TP. For KQo/QJo/KJo/KJs, I may raise these hands in LP if everybody has folded. Otherwise, I'll usually fold them. Even KQ can get you into trouble against an early position raise. I might call with KQs to see a flop. If I'm in the BB, I will check or call a small raise with these hands to see a flop.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many things you need to consider. Effective stack size, blinds and antes in play, position and the villains tendencies. Doing some research on these things will help you be confident when playing these hands. For one you should never limp these hands. Ever. In general you should just be folding KJo KQo and QJo from early positions. KQs and QJs I play from just about anywhere if I'm on a healthy stack. Throwing away QJs to a 3 bet usually. If you don't connect with the flop just throw them away. These are drawing hands. Don't over value having top pair with QJ. AQ and KQ have you beat. Remember that if you just flat call the original raiser, they have AA KK AK AQ QQ in their range and if the the board comes Q 7 2 and they are betting like they got the nuts, they probably have you beat. These broadway hands are are drawing hands. Ideally you want to have top 2 pair or a straight or flush at showdown and when youre betting. Don't bet to just bet. Be aggressive when you have a strong hand and get money in. Hope this helps GL!

As far as books go I've been told the grinders manual is a solid choice. Never read it or any poker books to be honest.

Congratulations for the didactics when writing, I put myself in these situations and I will review my range and game

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case it depends on the place at the table. But mostly raise the stake, at least double.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends in which scenario that i am in, but as a generality I tend to limp in.