Probably the worst play ever on Stud H/L

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Errrrrrr, but not by me, so check yourself! Gather 'round, folks, because this is a good one. Anyways, the game that makes me the most money online is Stud Hi/Lo - this is a post from a few months ago I posted in another forum, and took place at Bodog...absolute worst players online, and had a few decent Hi/Lo games running nightly until they changed their previously excellent software to the current concraption they have now.

A few posters here have commented on how crappy the play is (in general) at bodog, and I have to throw my 2 cents in here, as well.

Absolutely horrible play can be found at Bodog's Stud Hi/Lo tables, and this might just be the worst call in the few months I've been playing this game online. I suppose Tony and a few others who play this game might have some goofier calls or hands to offer up....and since Bodog's hand history is brutal to try to read, I'll reconstruct the hand here:

$1/$2, and there are 7 players - hyper-aggressive table of players who severly overplay a pair of 10s, so the "low backs into high" strategy is great here.

I get dealt [7] up, with [4][A] rainbow in the hole - all 7 players call and see 4th street.

Next card is an [2], and both up suits match. All bricks for other players that look to be going low.....checked to me, I bet, 3 calls, some guy with [J][9] unsuited raises, folds around to me, I raise to drive out other players, 3 folds, then a re-raise to cap betting from [J][9], and I call.

Next card is a [5], and have 3 of same suit up...other player gets a [10] - I open up a bet, get called.

Next card is an [8], and gives me 4 to flush showing. Harmless [4] for other player comes. I bet, this time I'm supposed to be scared by a re-raise by other player....WTF? I re-raise, and simply get a call (?)

No flush or straight made as the final card is a harmless face card - I figure I'm splitting here, but I'm gonna bet to see if I can scoop here (#1 rule, after all). I bet, player calls...and he proudly flips over this killer of a hand:

[2][6][J][9][10][4][3]

...allowing my Ace-High to scoop the pot! :laugh:

Too bad no one got it (either that, or they just ignored it) when I typed in "Can you believe he CALLED with Jack high?", although the idiot in question came back with this witty response:

"Lucky fukker!" :mad:

Seriously, what in the hell was the guy's thinking on this hand...besides "none at all"?

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hand, no draw, and considering you lucky to win, when you looked likely to have a made low and at least a draw to the flush... I hope you put them on your buddy list, because they're the kind of person you want to play against endlessly, especially when they'll help drive out other players who might actually have a hand.