Preflop stacking ranges

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I think this is something I should be aware of, I have re-read this thread more than a few times. Maybe it will sink in.

However, it reads as if it is saying that regardless of what villain holds, over time, I/we will show a profit if we call all 3/4/5 bets if we start out holding TT or better.

Villains range and the chart here seem to be a distraction. If hands of lesser value are included in villains range (pure bluffs), then that only increases our likelihood of +EV, and we should never back down from any villain with a 3bet stat of 9 or higher. That is how it currently reads to me anyway. Corrected tables or not.

So I am left wondering why this thread covers such a wide range for villains 3/4/5 betting? While I don't want to derail this thread, with the ranges in the table, we are behind 4 solid hands (AA,KK,QQ,JJ) beat 99,88,77, (SS goes down to 44, ChuckT stops at 88+) and are racing against the rest. It is curious to note that in ChuckT's OP, he does not show villains range as including the bigger pairs.

Is it sane to put villains range as wide as these charts and this discussion suggest? What ever happened to the old adage that a 4 bet meant KK, and a 5 bet meant AA?

So I am left wondering how to use this info. Tenbob says he has the chart taped to the wall. Knowing TB doesn't play micro stakes, and I occasionally do, should I even try to implement this at the micro levels?

Caveat; I make no pretense that I am any good at ring play, not understanding shit like this is probably a good reason why I suck at ring.

Last edited: