Preflop limpers in tourneys

A

ama123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played alot of MTTs lately and have had some difficulty dealing with limpers in early to mddle position when i have hands like KJ, QJ, AT, ect. in late position, if i limp along i get myself into trouble when i flop top pair against multiple opponents and run into 2 pair+. so i have been raising the limpers lately but get in trouble playing big pots with marginal hands. Folding seems too weak . What are some strategies that work in these situations?

Grundy

Grundy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I wouldn't fold with those hand in late position when I could limp. I agree with you there. The problem with this is that you have no information about your opponents hands. They could have anything.

See the flop and don't commit any more money unless you hit well. Top pair good kicker at the minimum. (better than that if most of the table stayed to see the flop) Bet strong, but if you re-raised, strongly consider folding.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how many limped in for me determines how much I will raise or if I will also limp in along with them? Is this a