Power hold em' strategy by Daniel Negreanu

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The author of the book since the childhood was in poker. I think that this book must be read by everyone, because he achieved many victories which we can only dream

N

nanalili

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as Iget to US in october, I'll buy it! thank's for the tip!

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Harrington books were more useful IMO. This book was for the begginer. Great solid advice, but nothing mindblowing. The small ball strategy is super useful in live tournaments because so many other players aren't betting so tiny, but online everyone is playing way closer to optimal that the small ball strategy is only the tip of the iceberg.

I'd recommend Moorman's book of Poker for more advanced tournament strategy.

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn this book is awesome why for me i thinks different know steps to dani like it too much go see it everyone fan need to learn it :)

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I had read this book first before I ever started playing poker. I developed some bad habits over time and then I found the Gripsed poker site and Power Holdem by Negreanu. I follow many of the concepts that Negreanu advocates in Power Holdem. Some of the concepts I have posted on the wall next to my computer which I read every day before I play poker and I can actually hear myself quoting these concepts when certain situations come up. I used to think AJ suited/off suit was a golden hand but I've since learned my lesson both on and off the felt with this hand, especially when trying to play it under the gun. I also learned a lot about not focusing on my hand, but the hands my opponents have within a certain range based on their position at the table. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially a novice just starting out.

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the great lessons was not only assigning a range to your opponent, but assigning a percieved range to your own hand. This idea blew my mind when I first read it and now I make sure to do it every hand I play against a decent player. It doesn't really apply to the micros since so many of those players are just playing their own hands and not thinking too too much about yours. Against the better players, it is crucial to always give yourself a percieved range from your opponent's perspective.