Polarized CBet Strategy IP vs. BB.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I was wondering how you decide which hands to have in your checking range and which ones to have in the bluff range when cbetting vs. BB on a coordinated/wet middle rank board. It's quite obvious which hands to value bet, but I have trouble figuring out where to draw the line between the bluff and check range (assuming a close to optimal opponent).

I know the check range should have non-nutted hands with some showdown value and bluff catchers, but at what point do you classify a hand as too weak and turn it into a bluff or fold? And how do you further split the checking range into call/fold/bluff on later streets?

Thanks.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
On wet coordinated boards, you should bluff with strong flush draws, half of straight draws, half of pair+gutshots, 8 high or lower. On many boards this will be quite close to optimal strategy. Obviously assuming, that you bet 66% of pot.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On wet coordinated boards, you should bluff with strong flush draws, half of straight draws, half of pair+gutshots, 8 high or lower. On many boards this will be quite close to optimal strategy. Obviously assuming, that you bet 66% of pot.
Thanks so much!! :)

What did you mean by 8 high or lower?