Poker if I call with a hand a would fold 9/10 in a situation is that mixing up my pla

I

Izaak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's say I have 3 8 off playing heads up I'm on the button and I min raise the button ( I do this against most players 100% of the time regardless of my starting hand ), some players I might not if I think they are out playing me oop... This is the very first hand we have ever played together, now let's say he 3 bets me to 4 x my raise my raise which is giving me just shy of 2/1, I fo,d reason being my hand is garbage AND ( this point is really my question, is this a valid reason to fold?...), it's the very first hand so if I call to make a move later on he's less likely to believe i have a monster, now let's take this exact same situation but I've folded 5 times in a row every time hes made this move on me. This is giving me a nitty conservative image. Am I justified to call instead of fold with the exact same hand in the exact same scenario the 6th time he does it since of my new image?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You haven't mentioned stakes, stack sizes or reads on how your opponent plays postflop so it's difficult to give a solid answer. But do you really think you're exploiting your nit image by calling with a hand that can't flop anything? What is your plan for winning the hand?

From villain's POV, I'd look at it like this:
-- player is raising wide on the button, which is standard, I'll 3-bet wide = $

-- player raises wide on BTN and folds to a high % of 3-bets = $$

-- player finally flats a 3-bet so I'll assume his range is capped and he called with a medium-strength hand and will play fit-or-fold on the flop = $$$

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker