Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In low stakes tournaments, JJ is money against people who call then go all in against your raise if they are relatively short stacked. I've noticed that when people limp then go all in over your raise, I have yet to see anyone with QQ KK or AK and about 80% of the time, they have ace rag or a smaller pocket pair.

JDVB

JDVB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Jacks are one of the hardest hands to play. Cause if anything pops up over it such as Q, K, or A, then you feel stuck and not sure what to do. I will usually raise to see were I stand at.

frisellan

frisellan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to raise with jacks only to fold them later!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first thing i do when i get dealt JJ is i shoot myself in the head with a rifle. everything seems to take care of itself after that

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
first thing i do when i get dealt JJ is i shoot myself in the head with a rifle. everything seems to take care of itself after that

Um, is a pistol a reasonable substitute?

Last edited:
frisellan

frisellan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is how I played jack and lost moments ago.

Short stack at a mtt
average stack 1,600
me 600 middle position
blinds 25/50

utg calls
early position calls
I raise to 200
folds to bb
bb raises all in
folds to me
thinking thinking
ok I'm either a dog
or slight favorite
This is the range of hands I'm thinking are possible

AA KK QQ
Ak AQ KQ

JJ 1010 99 88

Lets gamble

I call he turns over . . . .
AK
flop Q 3 7
Turn A
River( Jack! - I wish ) 9

And that is how you lose with JACKS
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
only one way to find out!

I'm looking.

Just finished a 30 player SNG on Cake. Down to final 5. I'm the short stack, on the button, with, you guessed it, JJ. Everybody folds until the CO, who calls the BB. I go all in. SB & BB fold. CO calls. Shows KK. Naturally, I didn't improve. Cashed, but JJ did their usual fine job.

Ah well, all you can do is get your money in with what you think is the best hand

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is how I played jack and lost moments ago.

Well, being the short stack, I don't think you can complain too much with that. You had a good chance to double-up and get back into contention. You can't win them all!

My stats show that I win 35% of the time with JJ; there are only 11 hands that I do better with, including TT. AQo is very close to JJ. My stats certainly aren't indicative of the way everyone plays, but it's interesting to look at the results compared to my other starting hands.

Anyone else willing to share their JJ stats? Then whoever has the highest can tell us how to play them. :)

frisellan

frisellan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, being the short stack, I don't think you can complain too much with that. You had a good chance to double-up and get back into contention. You can't win them all!

. :)

I agree. Took my shot. Missed
Working on my aim :D

A

antizzle23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would hardly ever limp. unless i had an extremely agressive guy left of me ill almost always raise preflop. even when u have an agressive person they could come over the top with a weak A and ur in pretty good shape as long as that stupid A doenst come....(but somehow does often).

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My decision with pocket jacks is really easy. If nobody has raised, I shove all in. If someone has raised, I fold. It's that simple.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that we all agree JJ is vulnerable. I usually treat it like a small pair except I will use it to occasionally squeeze, frequetly attack limpers and 3 bet blind stealers pre flop. After the flop it can get tricky, but I lean towards careful agression; folding to alot of pressure from any reasonable player.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think people need to stop thinking about absolute hand strengths and start thinking in terms of relative strength

Status
Not open for further replies.