S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What range do you put random villains on who min 3bet and what is your typical response (e.g. do you 4bet bluff, or only 4bet nutted hands and call everything else)?

E.g. you open from HJ for 3bb, CO then 3bets to 5bb and action folds back to you. Standard 6max 100bb cash game online.

For the poll I am assuming we know nothing about villain, just sat down, but then how does your answer vary v regs and v fish. Or if you see this play multiple times?

Interested in what range you think villains typically do this and how you respond. I think I call too much!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since almost every hand has the potential to be flop worthy calling is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, the bet seems to be an invitation to call so are you playing into their hands? I think not. Aces get cracked all the time; just be sure you're playing a hand that can get that job done. Obviously the flop is going to give you more of an indication for your next move.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I play at micro stakes, so my experience may not be correct for your stakes. I treat a micro bet at my stakes as a desire to increase the pot, I assume that its range is (QQ+,AK). At these stakes, opponents are afraid to place a larger 3bet so as not to scare their opponent. In such cases, I just call and look for a good hand on the flop.

However, if you are asking about the opponent's type.
if I play with a reg, I use a regular 4bet (but never for a bluff, not at these stakes).
if I play with a fish, I only call because I know from experience that such players have huge problems in the post-flop game , and they don't know how to play it correctly. Then I know that I have a chance to catch his bluff, or that he won't notice that I made a straight, for example.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What range do you put random villains on who min 3bet and what is your typical response (e.g. do you 4bet bluff, or only 4bet nutted hands and call everything else)?

E.g. you open from HJ for 3bb, CO then 3bets to 5bb and action folds back to you. Standard 6max 100bb cash game online.

For the poll I am assuming we know nothing about villain, just sat down, but then how does your answer vary v regs and v fish. Or if you see this play multiple times?

Interested in what range you think villains typically do this and how you respond. I think I call too much!
This is a good question: my action will depend entirely on how much and how many hands I had played versus villain. If I see a guy do this out of nowhere I will find it suspicious and be smart about it. But if I see a player doing that all the time it is most likely that it doesn't know proper 3-bet sizings and I play normal.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
fish dependent (what type of fish are they)
We're priced in. Probably just call most of the time. (we're getting close to 5to1), 4B top of my range (but not always... depending upon the 'fish type')

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
In my opinion if 3bet or 4bet when in the handle
(QQ, KK, AA, AK, AQ)
If you take those cards, it's up to luck.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Bet is placed, need to see what's out there...call and there's a probability of your success )