Playing small pocket pairs?

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about high stakes , bnasp2 said it very well imo . And for 6 max , I lack of the experience , don't know the odds there for a set over set , but on 9 max I see it , not rarily , and then stacks are changing hands . I don't like playing on 9 max small pairs , smaller than 99 , I try to avoid it :(

lol this is just typical pokerstars. I double dare to see that in real.

Back to the topic, a whatsoever pair is good to make a C-bet when you r in heads up. Otherwise I would just limp.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here's a good vidoe on set mining.... it really depends on the stack sizes.....

seems its worthwhile near beginning of tourney when blinds are small relative to stacks....

or, in cash, when both players are relatively deep.....

am i understanding this?

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, I have been playing cash games on pokerstars mainly 25nl. I was wondering if it makes sense to set mine with small pocket pairs say 66 and under, coz more often than not I am getting stacked agaist higher sets. What are your toughts on it? I am wondring if it is more profitable to avoid playing small all completely? Thanks

Just running into variance so keep mining away.

T

thazar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say to try avoiding having a static game. Have so basic rules for example to open all pp from late positions in most case (Think about what you will do against very aggressive blind players).

In most case you should fold 22-66 from EP and 22-55 from MP (6 max) but depending on who's in the blinds and who play behind you can open them and in some cases even construct an open limp range consisting of some low PP and some monster combos to mix it up.

GL

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running into another set happens very rarely..keep playing those pocket pairs those hidden sets can really boost your stack verse those players that just can't let go of what they deem premium holdings

B507

B507

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small pocket pair`s - such a tricky for playing.
But, anyway - not play them is very Big Sin !
In all cace`s - they better than `any two live cards` : you`ve got ready one Hand !
That`s the point !