Playing omaha with newbies

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker room is starting to branch out and play omaha. Any one have tips on how to play agains very bad players. Keep in mind this table only played holdem and also is the softest live game i have ever seen, and very profitable in the past 6 months.

any suggestions on this???:deal:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm assuming you mean 'bad' in the 'loose-passive' sense of the word.

The temptation when you continually see crap hands calling down and hitting longshots in huge pots is to start playing rags yourself. If that donk at the other end of the table can get lucky, then why can't you?

It actually pays to tighten up. Expect to miss flops and have to check-fold often early in the hand, but also expect that when you hit big flops you will get paid off handsomely. You play tight because you don't want to get involved in big multi-way pots with the second or third nuts (or worse), because the chances are one of the 5 other players in the pot has you beat (while most of the others are probably happily calling with their gutshots etc). A tight hand selection means that (a) you will most likely have the best hand when entering a pot, and (b) when you hit a flop your hand will be good, as opposed to a second/third nuts trap.

Essentially, nut peddle. You can profit easily enough like this in weak games, there's no need to get fancy.

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks
Should i just treat omaha the same as holdem. In games like this. At least in holdem here I dont see a bet or a raise which is only postflop at this table of about $3.

P

phins1013

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just pretend your placing against a 5 year old...just play tight and smart and you will win...the very bad players still don't even know that you only use 2 of your cards...i seen it happen too many times the board was 4 hears and the guy had 1 heart in his hand and he thought he had a flush...

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have played quite a bit of omaha with people who have absolutely no clue about how the game is played and if u can play properly you can make a lot of chips quickly although expect to lose to a few suckouts cause call and see will suck out occasionally. Good luck and enjoy.