playing in the blinds or on button

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest problem with this is I seem to majorly discount the cards of people in the blinds and can't seem to get rid of the stigma. I will play more mediocre hands on the button and in the blinds when there's no action in front of me. For example I'll play KJ and on a flop of K76 rainbow i'll call bigger bets or even reraise, only to see i'm up against AK. I can't seem to get it out of my head that others in the blinds can actually have a premium hand and it's really hurting my play at times. I have this problem in ring games and don't seem to have the same problem in MTT's but it's driving me friggin crazy.

B

baystate123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By your thread there doesn't seem to be any mention about pre-flop raising in that situation. Even minimum raising there will give you more information than you've been getting. You're right, how can you know what the blinds have there? You're discounting them because they are great big question marks to you.

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, that's not it. I should have mentioned that. I will raise and get called. I always seem to feel like they are just protecting thier blinds. If I get reraised, i'll fold.