Playing different stakes at the same time?

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am staked for 02/05. Is it a bad idea to multi table and play say two of 05 and two of 02? Will this hurt my game? The way I see it the players here pretty much play the same.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
is not a bad idea, you can play normally. GL.

A

AngryCrab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play with regards to blinds, it should be fine?

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be fine just dont think about the value difference and focus on playing your best game.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do not think, that playing tables with different limits is a problem, so just go ahead.

S

StackThis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will fukk with a weak mind and stress you out if your "Run Good" happens at the lower limits while you "Run Bad" happens at the higher stakes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats completely fine especially on a site like ACR, where you can make all stacks show up in BB rather than $. By doing so there is no risk of getting confused about stack sizes, which is otherwise the main drawback of mixing up limits.

T

Theotate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that it should be a problem. It's actually much easier to handle than to play several Tournaments with different structure at the same time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that it should be a problem. It's actually much easier to handle than to play several Tournaments with different structure at the same time.

Exactly. If a tournament player can handle to be in a 5,5$ turbo, 11$ PKO regular speed, 3,3$ R+A and a satellite at the same time, then it should certainly also be possible for a cash game player to handle being on some 5NL and 10NL tables at the same time.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am staked for 02/05. Is it a bad idea to multi table and play say two of 05 and two of 02? Will this hurt my game? The way I see it the players here pretty much play the same.
Do it all the time playing different stakes from freerolls for example as they are pure +EV simultaneously with $100+ buy ins tables as smaller percentage of rake taken by the house over a $100 entry compared to the smaller buy ins.
Compare the different poker sites and buy in levels for rake is a good idea but see no problem in mixing up your levels once your comfortably bank rolled for them in cash games good luck.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Switch your bankroll to show BB instead of you chip dollar amount. It helps quite a bit to think in those terms.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's an absurd difference in the players' level. I'm sure it won't affect your game much. But the recommended thing is to always play the same levels, even to avoid your brain having to adapt to each situation because they are different levels.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not bad to play at adjacent limits. I think it's a must when you're leveling up but aren't quite confident in your game yet.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play only one limit at a time because the players are still different. For example on NL2 now there is a total trash and NL 5 is more understandable to me.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i play like that and it is not making sense

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
different rates

I play micro-limits and freerolls because I don't see the point in raising!!