ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
How do you play when you are deep-stacked? Let's discuss strategies for maximizing our success at the tables. Playing with a deep stack can present unique opportunities and challenges, requiring a different approach compared to playing with a shorter stack.
Do you have any specific strategies or adjustments you make when you have a deep stack in cash games? How does your range and opening sizes change? Are you more inclined to play speculative hands or focus on premium holdings?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you play when you are deep-stacked? Let's discuss strategies for maximizing our success at the tables. Playing with a deep stack can present unique opportunities and challenges, requiring a different approach compared to playing with a shorter stack.
Do you have any specific strategies or adjustments you make when you have a deep stack in cash games? How does your range and opening sizes change? Are you more inclined to play speculative hands or focus on premium holdings?
Usually, as deeper we get more polarized our ranges, i.e, we are either going with the cold stoned nuts or we are going with pure air.
bluffing deep stacked at the micros is a great way to lose all of your blinds.
When we are deeper players will respect us more than usual and on the flip side, some players will be leveling against us unusually.
Be careful, for if we own KK and we have 300 BB facing another player with 300 BB, are we going all-in preflop? We should go, but are we really doing it?
Cash it’s not like tournaments at all, where in a tournament you can be deep stacked and eliminate a bunch of short stacked opponents: most of players at a cash table are deep (the sole strategy of cash games is to play deep stacked).
When we are holding + 250 BB we can start to considering to fold full houses when we feel we are owned.
As bigger our stack more we want to play postflop, more we want to have the absolute nuts, for our opponents will also be thinking the same.
Watch out for bottom sets, lower straights, flush nuts where there’s a doubled card on the board, full houses where you have a pair and hit a set followed by a doubled card that give you a full house and you get too much action of a good player (decent) having + 300 BB.
It’s dangerous to play these pots and it requires a solid psychological structure for when we get busted.

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Just dont play when you have a big stack, but of course try to win some blinds. I fold with AK if i dont want to loose my top.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When i'm deep stack some players with short stack shove all theyr chips against mine (some times)...
Also the deep stack is good for "fishing", but with this move has to be careful a lot.
About the range it is thighten as posible. Some exceptions may be made for connectors from the small blind.
Open size i don't change verry often - i prefer 2.2; 2.5; 4bb for first move preflop. If there a limpers and the "two napkins are decent (like QTs for example)" i would bet 4.5;5.5;7 to 11bb.

And last but not least, watch out for tilt - the deep stack can easily become a short or buy in...

Oh, here is some ranges (6max):

Poker odds chart

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just dont play when you have a big stack, but of course try to win some blinds. I fold with AK if i dont want to loose my top.
If you dont want to play deep, best to leave the table, otherwise you will just be slowly losing your stack

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I generally use bigger raise sizes when 3betting and 4betting, and well as postflop
Also much more cautious oop. Hands that can make nuts are much more useful, whereas bad offsuit hands should be played more cautiously.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I regulate the depth of the stack up to 200 BB... more I already take out and start with 100 BB. It's easier to play.