Playing AQ to a 4 bet pre. (micros)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto fold.

When he 4bets, the best thing for us is to run.

I would only call if I notice him to be such a maniac.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You shouldn't tribet, this wasn’t the best choice. You were out of position, and the right thing to do was just call and get more information on flop.

But, if he 4bets with this amount, we can presume he has a High pair or AK. I don’t think he could be a maniac bluffing, this kind of player usually go All in in this hands.

I would fold.

W

wildice13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a 3bet-fold scenario at micros, players there just don't 4bet much, and when they do, they've generally got the goods.

i don't mind the 3b, if you're going to be out of position postflop, it's best to have the initiative, and hey he 4bet you so you found out exactly where you were and were given the opportunity to fold pre. rather than calling oop, and losing your stack with top pair

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More people lose more money with AQ than any other hand.

I'm inclined to just flat raises from LP with AQ OOP instead of 3betting. You just get more value out of it. If you 3bet and he 4bets you're dead. If you 3bet and he calls, now you're out of position with a bloated pot and no flop really helps you other than exactly KJ10. IMO it's better to just flat and reevaluate after seeing the flop. You've kept the pot small and you're not too invested or committed. Now we're talking deep or at least a comfy stack. Shortstacked I'm jamming the shit out of it lol.

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might fold AQ, because he might have some pocket KK AA or AK... Its a big chance that he has some of those hands... Of course it depends how big is your stack and how big his your opponent stack...

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AQ to a 4 bet pre-flop

Normally I would say fold because you could be looking at a premium hand like AA, KK, maybe QQ. However, recently I've seen players on Bovada re-raise with hands like AJo, ATo, JJ, and TT. I recently folded JJ to an All-in 4 Bet who was holding ATo. This seems to be a trend.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More people lose more money with AQ than any other hand.

I'm inclined to just flat raises from LP with AQ OOP instead of 3betting. You just get more value out of it. If you 3bet and he 4bets you're dead. If you 3bet and he calls, now you're out of position with a bloated pot and no flop really helps you other than exactly KJ10. IMO it's better to just flat and reevaluate after seeing the flop. You've kept the pot small and you're not too invested or committed. Now we're talking deep or at least a comfy stack. Shortstacked I'm jamming the shit out of it lol.

What do you mean? If the flop comes QJ5 and you have AQ, you can get value off hands like AJ, KQ and TT. If the flop comes QT5 you can get value off JJ, KQ and someone chasing a gutshot with AJ. If the flop comes A95 you can get value off AJ, QQ, JJ, TT, etc. There's plenty of value to be made by 3betting AQ oop don't you think? Plus you can narrow down his range a lot better and eliminate baby pairs (nothing sucks more than a flop of AQ5 and realising the villain has 55). By 3betting, you protect yourself from weak pocket pairs and suited connectors which could otherwise destroy your stack.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm shove with aqs against maniac fish.... fold to tags and call lags

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts