People need to learn to fold when they are beat!

U

ukball26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the game of poker, you never know what others have or what they are thinking until the cards are flipped over.And sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. But nothing upsets more than someone who stays in and hits a gut shot on the river.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so my glorious thought on this...

If everyone knew how to fold their cards everytime they were beaten, how would I continue to pay my mortgage every month? Seriously, I'm not a full time poker pro, but really, isn't our bread and butter (as poker players in general) filled out by those that can't or don't know when to fold?

Maybe this is a little more sinister than some people like and does apply to cash games a lot more, but if I can bust a player and make his stack part of mine, then cool. Especially in a cash game when he can reload. But in a tourney it is similar. If I can bust someone that doesn't know better (what we all affectionately refer to as dead money), then I have that much more ammo to make a run at # 1.

(And for those about to retaliate, no, I'm not claiming to be perfect. I've made my share of bad calls too, just like everyone else.)

H

hellwolves

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree w/ jack daniels, i mean sure u'll get a bad beat once in a while by sumone who can't play poker and doesn't know how to fold but i mean, how much MORE do u make off of those types o players? besides, if they're as bad as you say they are...y don't you just buy in with more chips and take back what you lost and then some?

Folding in Poker