overcall bluff?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was sitting around thinking about what i would do vs. a table of pros, and wondered if they would recognize overcalls very much and give them respect enough from an amateur to lay down tptk types of hands. just overcalling with a draw or mildly good hand that you know is not likely best and then raising the turn, or betting out depending on position.

do you think this is a feasible strategy?

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have wondered the same thing. I would think that they would call you if you winning the hand would not do a whole lot of damage to their stack. If you could I would think that they would lay it down and wait to get more info on your style of play from showdowns with others at the table or in a better spot. It really all depends on the stack sizes.

Probably not a bad play though as long as you get away from it when they make a move. It will definitely change the way they think about you and you could get some action down the road when you shouldn't.

It's definitely an clearer call or raise situation with players that they've played with before.