Opinion on running it once, twice, three times

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sportsbetting cash games (and maybe other sites I dont know about) allow you to run it up to three times once you get all in and are called. Wondering what your opinions are on how many times you should choose to run it. I got in a situation last night where I had AA vs KK and the flop was where we got all in (I only called a 4 bet pre instead of 5 betting because I was pretty sure villain had QQ or KK and thought they could fold QQ). The flop was all low cards, I was way ahead and I rejected running it 3 times and opted for once and won the hand. In that scenario as a variance reducer should I run it 3 times? Should I just take the massive equity there and run it once? Interested in thoughts about how many times you think it should be run from a strategic perspective when you are ahead, close to even money, and way behind in the hand. Thanks in advance for your input and thoughts.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
generally by choosing run it twice/three times you win same amount of money in long run. Your ev from hands stay same. But it helps you to reduce variance. So even if you have 99% it's ok to run it twice and don't tilt when you lose : P

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like running it twice, as just stated, to reduce variance. You get the pot split in the long run in races and usually win both when way ahead. Although it does sting when opponent hits both runs on you.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually if you think you are ahead on the flop, I suggest running only once. If you are close to 50% I also suggest only once. Generally you could run it up to 3 times with a draw that in the worst case, you think you are 3 to 1 against.
Greetings.

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think you should run three times of course,according to the Poker variance,but sometimes we do our moves (like you did well) You are a luck player.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I would also prefer to run three times with such hand and such flop.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players should never run it more than once, because reducing variance helps the more skillful players.

Good players should always try to run it 100 times if possible, to reduce variance down to nothing, then our skills can govern fully over our weaker opponents.

Of course, most "bad" player consider themselves to be good players, that's the fly in the ointment, but in general this is how "running it twice" should be viewed... never accept the offer to run it more than once unless you feel your opponent is weaker at the game than you are.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opition

If you should take the money, since the opportunities you should know how to take advantage of. And these types of hands are not very regular.

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always cancel more than one bords, i think, this feature is for fishes ��

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as the site doesn't increase rake for more runouts, our long term EV is exactly the same whether we run it 1 time or 10 times. Depends on your tolerance for variance. I would recommend being consistent though just to keep it simple, and would advise you pick the same number of runs every time and you wont ever have to think about this in game.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you make long-term winning moves, then yes, the more trials that you run, the more likely you are to come out ahead.

Just like how flipping a coin 1000 times makes each side occur closer to half the time than when it's only flipped 10 times.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a coinflip or I am significantly behind I will vote to run it twice. If I am way ahead, I say no.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like running it 3 times for insurance. Win at least 2 of 3 you still get more than a split pot.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never give the opion of running it twice ... if someone i going to go all in with nothing dont give them a chnce

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Running it twice/thrice saved my ass today.

First one, all in on the flop me AsKs vs. Qd9d on a TsJs3c flop. (He tried to steal on btn, I 3bet him, he called. Then I cbet, he raised, and I shoved on flop). I was roughly a 3:1 fav. In this situation as usual when I am ahead I offer to run it twice. He accepted.

Instantly he turns a K and I lose the first one. Then I avoided outs and won the second one. Split.

Second one, it was JJ vs. 99 aipf. I opened frm sb, aggressive bb raised and I shoved. I offered to run it 3 times (i shd have offered to run it just twice because a player with 2 outs should not be acccepting running it 3x in my opinion), for some reason he accepted.

Flop comes 993... I was pissed for a sec but also relieved because the next two runouts are very likely mine, and they were.

If villains hadn't accepted running it multiple times I woulda been cleaned out twice. It ain't right but when running bad, you just gotta do anything you can to try to not get take down by bad luck.

I bet they both regret accepting my offer haha.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sportsbetting cash games (and maybe other sites I dont know about) allow you to run it up to three times once you get all in and are called. Wondering what your opinions are on how many times you should choose to run it. I got in a situation last night where I had AA vs KK and the flop was where we got all in (I only called a 4 bet pre instead of 5 betting because I was pretty sure villain had QQ or KK and thought they could fold QQ). The flop was all low cards, I was way ahead and I rejected running it 3 times and opted for once and won the hand. In that scenario as a variance reducer should I run it 3 times? Should I just take the massive equity there and run it once? Interested in thoughts about how many times you think it should be run from a strategic perspective when you are ahead, close to even money, and way behind in the hand. Thanks in advance for your input and thoughts.
Over the long run it's most rational to run it the maximum amount of times you're a winning player. I don't understand why top players choose to run it once, reducing aggregate luck is a no brainer.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to reduce the psychological factor I always do running it twice, just for the sake of avoiding tilt if I lose my hand doing running it once