Online Table Selection Yammer

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking about a few things that go against, what I understand to be, conventional wisdom in regards to game selection. I thought I'd bounce them off CC for some opinions.

The first one is leaving the table when the percentage of players seeing the flop gets low. I see a lot of solid players flee tables that get folded around once or twice. I think if you stick it out then the TAG players will take off in search of greener pastures. These are the players you don't want at your table.

Once they're gone, they seem to be replaced by the kind of players that you do want at your table. Players who don't care about things like flops seen or average pot size. Players who don't know what a nit is and don't know why you don't want to be at a table full of them.

I've also found that scoping out games based on percentage of flops seen to be counter productive. The really good games have deeper waiting lists. If you're third or fourth on the list then the game conditions aren't likely to be the same when you get a seat. The better players are the ones waiting in line. Unless they're getting lucky the bad players will be the ones busting out and leaving.

So, I go against the grain a little bit. I'm happy to sit (or stay) at nitty tables with an open seat or two because I think the game is about to get plenty better. I also don't wait in line (unless I'm first) for good games.