Omaha starting hand question...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After this:

full tilt poker Game #6551965345: Table Play Chip 1821 - 300/600 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 22:49:04 ET - 2008/05/24
Seat 2: Flukinlou (65,700)
Seat 3: so crappy (70,500)
Seat 4: jhonny888 (26,943)
Seat 6: Nolita_D (21,600)
Nolita_D posts the small blind of 300
Flukinlou posts the big blind of 600
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Nolita_D [Qh Jc Ks Kc]
so crappy raises to 2,100
Nolita_D raises to 4,500
Flukinlou folds
so crappy raises to 14,100
Nolita_D raises to 21,600, and is all in
so crappy calls 7,500
Nolita_D shows [Qh Jc Ks Kc]
so crappy shows [Jd As Kd 5h]
*** FLOP *** [Ah 6c 9c]
*** TURN *** [Ah 6c 9c] [Ac]
*** RIVER *** [Ah 6c 9c Ac] [9s]
Nolita_D shows a flush, Ace high
so crappy shows three of a kind, Aces
Nolita_D wins the pot (43,800) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 43,800 | Rake 0
Board: [Ah 6c 9c Ac 9s]
Seat 2: Flukinlou (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: so crappy (button) showed [Jd As Kd 5h] and lost with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 4: jhonny888 is sitting out
Seat 6: Nolita_D (small blind) showed [Qh Jc Ks Kc] and won (43,800) with a flush, Ace high

so crappy called me an f-in donkey only I dunno what was so dreadful about my hand. Sorry I meant to ask, what's wrong with KKQJ in omaha? It looks stronger than so crappy's hand to me, but I'm far from an expert.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any idea. A pair in Omaha, down to 4 players, is strong. You also have plenty of draws available with that hand.

Maybe a more experienced Omaha player would like to comment.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So he was just mad. It's cool, I didn't get upset, just wondered if it was really bad.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So he was just mad. It's cool, I didn't get upset, just wondered if it was really bad.

actually this is one of the reasons that i recommend turning off chat. seriously, it subconsciously affects you, and even if you don't really feel it, it takes a slight hit on your game.
however, to each his own.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh well, working on my Omaha it's one of the games I'm working on in HORSE.

Normally I make up for my weaknesses in games I'm stronger in, but I could use much improvement. :)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh well, working on my Omaha it's one of the games I'm working on in HORSE.

Normally I make up for my weaknesses in games I'm stronger in, but I could use much improvement. :)

Well remember that Omaha 8 or better (like that played in HORSE) has different starting hand preferences**

7letters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice one. You got your chips in with the best hand. He's a sore loser that's all.
I believe your hand is around 2 to 1 favourite here.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well remember that Omaha 8 or better (like that played in HORSE) has different starting hand preferences**

Yeah I know, but I was playing that version cuz I like winning lots of chips off of chasers who are praying to win the lo.

My strong games in HORSE are actually Razz and Hold Em, after that it's Omaha and I'm pulling up the rear in Stud. I should really practice that more, but I want lots of chips first(so I don't have to keep starting over), and enough of them to sit at a table with really good players so I can learn more.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man had just woken up when I wrote that. I mean trying to chase their lo str8's and flushes :p. It's more like Texas Hold 'Em that way.

Richard7787

Richard7787

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine, ignore that guy :)

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had a much better hand than him. He's a sore loser. Personally I'll laugh at people that go off like that, and keep a watch for if it's changed the way they're playing, either against you or generally. If they've tilted because they went in with the worst hand and lost, and didn't realise they were the one playing wrong, then they're your friend :)

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Your hand had marginally stronger straight potential, was better without improving with a pair, and had equal flush potential. There was a better chance of your hand staying ahead than of him hitting an Ace without anyone getting a straight or better, so there's no question your hand was better. He's just pissed that on the flop he was ahead until the turn, though even then you had about a 1/3 chance of making that flush, plus had the chance of hitting a King or a back-door straight, so he wasn't miles ahead, and all the money was in pre-flop anyway)

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a real good hand. I wouldnt have a problem getting all in a play tournament with that hand. Not a bad raise, but if the tournament was real if You didnt think he had aces, considering your stack you miswell raise pot max instead of a min type raise. If you know he's the type of person that will go all in over top if you raise and you dont want that your best bet is to call, because even if the flop comes low you still no you have the best hand if thats what you thought at the beginning.

either way not a bad hand even if he has aces thats still not a bad hand

starsmyle

starsmyle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was fine until the A hit and no chance for a straight or flush for you. Omaha there are so many good hand you really need the nuts at a full table.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually the Ace is what gave me the flush.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands