Omaha H/L dealt AAAA

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently in an Omaha H/L cash game I was dealt four Aces. I played cheap to get to the flop and after no help on the flop---folded.

You know at the start that you are not gonna get a low. The best chance you have of winning anything is trips on the board and then using a pair of Aces to complete the full house.

Does anyone else have opinions/theories about playing this hand?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Johnny Cash would tell you that you need to drop it like a hot horseshoe.

AAA is bad enough but with AAAA how can you win? You cant get another ace, you cant get the low, and you lose to every hand above a pair of Aces.

At least with AAAx you are have some blocking, but with AAAA you only block yourself.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Overpairs mean pretty much nothing in Omaha, so what were you hoping for? It looks really pretty, but you just have AA with no outs and with no chance at getting any type of a low hand.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Recently in an Omaha H/L cash game I was dealt four Aces. I played cheap to get to the flop and after no help on the flop---folded.

You know at the start that you are not gonna get a low. The best chance you have of winning anything is trips on the board and then using a pair of Aces to complete the full house.

If something like this is given to me, I think it's bad luck

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely would fold that hand, I see no reason why I would play that hand.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Rubbish hand and nothing to add to what the previous posters have said.
But to put it another way, I'd much prefer to be all-in with 27o in a Holdem game, than play that hand in Omaha H/L. :cool:
Although, it does makes you wonder, why you never get dealt AAAA in 5 Card Draw etc. :(

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips

why would you play that... literally any hand of rags has a better chance of winning at PLO8

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is an absolute trash hand in Omaha esp. in a HI/Lo session, where your goal should be to make both the high and the low hand.
Any hand with direct trips is a direct muck also.
You can only use 2 of your 4 Cards.
You can't make a set, perhaps a full house, but that could be a bad hand if one of the villains made quads.
You can't get a low with 4 Aces, because if the board comes 23456, you have no wheel (A2345) you have AA234.
Furthermore, you can only make two pairs with this hand as a high hand and this in Omaha not a very strong hand.
Every set or trips beats you, the wheel beats you, every straight beats you and every flush beats you.
So way too many hands where you are way behind.

Last edited:
K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I've been playing Omaha for so long, but I can't win there ((

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
yeah it is an auto fold like sb said above . i dont believe it has happened to me , but then again i do not play much PLO or PLO H/L

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I definitely would fold that hand, nothing to add to this 4 Aces

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Just admiring with a smile ) And imagining that it will somehow reach you in Hold'em )))) And then reset

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I think you only have one choice which is to fold when holding four of a kind in PLO4. Even though AAAA your straight chance is still small in PLO

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would strongly recommend do not go for Full House having all the Aces in your hand - first of all, the chanced to flop Trips are really low
- on the other hand someone could easily have Quads, and you forcing yourself to Hero fold with the second best combination.
You wanna make the best combinations in Omaha and the most variety ones. If it's H/L and you have no chance to a low runaway, it's getting harder Preflop already. :)