Omaha H/L $2,4 limit

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently started to play some ring games on poker stars of omaha h/l. I am curois if anyone here has some tips to win more then 1.5 bb a hour on this. I cant seem to surpass it. I play mostly with scoop hands and never just chase the low. Anyone have a few tips?

E

E-Dub

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's always a bad idea to just chase the low draw if you're in a multiway pot, in fact in this scenario I think it's a good idea. Certainly at lower-level limit O8 games you're going to have a lot of people seeing the flop and maybe calling a flop bet, and in situations like that it can even be profitable to get quartered.

This is obviously a very situational strategy but one that I think will help you get a bit more value over time. If you are consistently getting 1.5BB an hour it sounds like you are already doing pretty well.

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one thing I have noticed with h/l is that in the past 3 years it seems like people have got a lot tighter. This is true even in low limit like $2,4 I have only 3-4 people to the flop. This changes my old strategy of just waiting for a huge scoop hand to develop. It may just be poker stars players seem to be much more focused on playing good poker even the lower levels.