Oaha8 tip for beginners.

rickygop

rickygop

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In pot limit Omaha 8 what you're really looking for is a scoop. You're looking for a starting hand that looks something like A235 or A234, AA23, AA24 or sommething like that. Your starting hand must consist of at least 3 low cards and you want your highest card to be a 6 although the lower the better. A24K isn't a bad hand if double suited but what you really want is 4 lo's. Once in a pot what you're looking for is to scoop the pot. The reason why you want to scoop the pot is because if you're going for the low and some1 else has the same exact low as you do then the winner of the high will take three fourths of the pot while the other person only takes 25% of the pot after putting in more than that. This is just a basic advice I wanted to give beginners because I felt it was really important. As far as reading you're oponents and knowing when certain hands are good or bad I believe thats the kind of thing each person has to figure out by playing. Playing is the best way to learn and don't you ever forget that.