NL Omaha H/L

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so I had an Omaha day today (because I don't like playing both Holdem and Omaha at the same time). I decided to play some SNGs. I registered for a HU $2 PLO (lol after the long discussion on HU matches I needed to at lease play one) a 9 person $5 PLO and an 18 person $1.5 NL Omaha H/L. I won the HU match, I came in 3rd in the 9 person PLO and I won the 18 person NL Omaha H/L. Let me tell you, this game was very weird. I don't know how many of you have played the NL Omaha H/L but it is crazy. So if at any point somebody has the nut low ALLIN, even if the pot contains 120, ALLIN for 2500. Another thing is that when it was 5 handed (top 4 got paid) nobody was really ever going allin preflop. Blinds were 400/800 and people were still just limping almost every hand. The main reason why I won was because I was the only person who was pushing repeadadly. I only got called once and my JJA5 held up against 10 10 A 9.

Anyone else ever play these or have any suggestions on how to play them? I played tight early trying to see cheap flops and made sure not to chase low draws often because of the fear of being quartered.

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the sickest game ever invented, but it´s a lot of fun :p

I´m no expert at the game but I have played more than just a couple of hands...

When I play this game first of all I only raise preflop if I have both draws going for me like AKQ3 or QQA2. 2nd thing to keep in mind is if you decide to do the "standard overbet" with your lowhand ALWAYS make sure you got some backup as it´s like a highnut as the lownut can be changed rapidly lets just say you have A-2-J-Q on an 5-7-8 flop and you push and get called by 6-4-J-T, if an ace or deuce hit either turn or river then you´ll end up losing the whole pot...