Need Some Advice

R

RickSheep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

Basically i need some tips on tournament strategy. Over the last 6 months i've cashed in the majority of large tournaments i've signed up for, however ive not final tabled any and its really bugging me. It just seems i leave myself with a short stack everytime with no real fold equity to other stacks. I believe the problem lies with my play in the middle of the tournaments where i just cant seem to build my stack. Does anybody have some tips on how i should play in this part of a tournament? I know perhaps i should be more aggressive and loosen my starting hand range but what hands would you suggest become applicable at this stage? etc.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Ricky

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One tip is that if you really want to know your results, keep track of them. No one cashes in "a large majority" of tournaments.

Actually, if you're cashing in more than 15-20% and your sample size is a decent number, it strongly suggests you're playing too tight and/or not getting enough value from the pots you win, which leads to not accumulating enough chips to make deep runs. If so, then yes, you probably need to play more hands, preferably in position as much as possible, and also to play them more aggressively to extract more value. Note that the latter does not mean automatically playing big pots with marginal hands.

R

RickSheep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks dude. I have taken all that on board. I go co-pilot the other day as i havent tracked anything for over a year which i agree is not ideal. Hopefully with this data being collected i can either rectify my mistakes myself or post some more detail for you guys to have a better idea.

Appreciate your comments though,

thanks again